A Ride

(A/N: Hey hey! Second chapter! I hope you enjoyed the last one. This story may seem like it's starting off weird, or lame, or whatever, but you know oh well lol. If any of them seem out of character, I'm sorry. But it is a fanfiction so it's alright if they're a little off. I'm not going to go so far as to change the character completely, you know. The theme for this chapter is Reverie-Debussy

Thank you!

RandomRedRidingHood)

***************

Akane sighed and shook her head, her hands working to scrub at the dishes. 

"Come on, Chie-chan. You know I can't understand why you're so into that guy,"Akane sighed at her friend on the phone. Chie whined on the other end of the line, her voice ringing out in Akane's earbuds. 

"Akane-chan, I'm sorry, but you know how I love him! Ahhhhh, Kou-kun is just so amazing! Much better than those American bands you like,"Chie told her, huffing. Akane rolled her eyes and rinsed the plate off, setting it to the side for her to dry. "On another note, how was your new school?" Akane paused, remembering the guys she'd met. Akane shivered a little, remembering the sensation she'd had from each of them. A blood chilling feeling. Akane hummed once, picking up a bowl. 

"Scary,"Akane muttered. 

"Huh?"

"Oh. I mean...it was alright,"Akane lied to her, knowing Chie had no clue of her ability. Akane rinsed the bowl and scrubbed it, making sure to get the rice off of it. Chie hummed at her. "I'm not sure I like it....but, it's where Mother and Father sent me so..." Chie huffed. 

"You know, you can tell them when you're bothered by something."

"No I can't. I wouldn't want to trouble them..."

"For someone who's never celebrated her own birthday because her parents are always so damn busy, I think you should be allowed to ask them for things." 

Akane stared forward with a solemn look. Chie sighed on the other line. 

"Stop making that face?" Akane jolted. 

"What face?"Akane asked innocently. She could see Chie rolling her eyes almost. Akane sighed and closed her eyes. She heard Chie's mother calling for her on the other end of the phone. "Looks like you better go." 

"Alright I guess...text me later. Let me know if you see any hotties!"Chie told her. The phone clicked off and Akane's music started up. Akane sighed, moving and rinsing the soap off the rest of the dishes. I could never ask Mother and Father for anything...I'd surely be a spoiled brat then, wouldn't I? Akane stared forward with a sad look, moving and drying her hands off. She turned and sat the towel on the counter, moving to go wait until the water dried off the dishes mostly. Akane smiled to herself bitterly, looking around at her lonely apartment. What more could I possibly want and ask them for?

*****

Ruki looked up as she entered the classroom. Today, instead of ponytails, her hair was pulled halfway back, braids on either side of her head. Two pieces carefully framed the sides of her face, and her bangs brushed her forehead gently. Ruki watched as she didn't even look at him, taking her seat carefully. She pulled out her notebook and a pen, moving just as gracefully as she had the previous day. To him it was weird, that this girl who always seemed energetic would be so focused on her school work all the time. Her behavior and her focus on her school work...it's almost like she had a noble upbringing, he thought. His eyes found the way she sat--properly and straight, perfect posture. Ruki frowned and turned back to the book in his hands. He carefully closed it and sat it to the side, pulling out his own notes.