Death Is Rebirth

(A/N: Yosh! Ten chapters! I hope you've enjoyed it so far! So, if her blood calls Ruki, does that mean he's awakened as Adam? Or is he just in love with her? Lol, I guess you'll find that out. Did you like that little scene I did where Ruki "appears" to Akane and she realizes she has feelings for him? I hope so. Wellllll, the theme here is Darcy's Letter-Jean Yves Thibaudet.

Thanks for reading!

RandomRedRidingHood)

*******************************

Adam unlocked her chain and it clattered to the ground. He hummed at her. 

"You don't seem scared at all,"Adam commented, looking up at Akane from the ground. He grinned up at her wickedly. "Come on, aren't you aware of what's going to happen?" Akane nodded once. He sighed boredly. "No fun." Adam moved, grabbing Akane's arm. He pulled her along, sighing as she stumbled to keep up with him. Adam lead her down the large stone steps of the castle. The white dress he'd forced her to change into caught under her feet, tripping her. Adam huffed, moving and scooping her up. "You're too slow." He sped them the rest of the way. 

When Adam kicked the door open to reveal a stone courtyard area, Akane immediately spotted the stone sacrificial table in the middle of the area. There were darker splotches there, old blood having been spilled there. Akane stiffened, realizing that that must have been the previous Eve's blood. Her heart picked up in speed. Adam carried her over to it. He forced her down on it, tying her hands up above her head. He bound her feet too. Adam grinned at her. Akane's eyes darted around the area, looking up at her hands. The fear twisted in her body. Akane pulled at the bonds as Adam turned. He waved his arms out to the side. Fire immediately lit up in the torches on either side. Adam turned back towards her. He held his hands over her, speaking in an unrecognizable language. Akane swallowed in fear. She paused, sensing a familiar presence. Her head whipped to the side, spotting Ruki and the other Mukami's there. 

Her brows pinched together in confusion at the other two faces she didn't recognize. She could sense that they were vampire. Adam finished up his words, and Akane jolted. She let out a cry of pain, throwing her head back against the stone table. 

"You feel that, Akane? You're about to awaken,"Adam told her. He grinned, lowering himself. He drew a knife, showing it to her. Akane's eyes went wide in fear. "Does your body burn hot? Like fire?" Akane swallowed. Adam moved, cutting the fabric of the white dress open, exposing her stomach. 

"S-Stop-!"Akane breathed. Adam looked up. 

"Welcome, Mukami brothers. I see you've also brought some Sakamaki's with you, yes?"Adam asked. He hummed in amusement. "You won't be able to stop me though, not even with their help." Adam held the knife up. Ruki stiffened. What is he... Adam grinned wickedly. "When I stab her with this knife, she will awaken in full as either a pureblood demon, or a pureblood vampire. Which do you think will happen?" Adam chuckled. 

"You bastard,"Yuma spat. Adam grinned, twirling the knife in his hand. 

"Not that it matters what she is...I'll devour her blood and her heart either way. Sorry, Akane Akikawa. This is going to hurt,"Adam warned. Akane's eyes widened at him. Her body was burning hot...like fire as he'd said. Adam held the knife in two hands, holding it above himself. He slammed it down into her bare stomach, red splashing up from the wound. Akane screamed and writhed in pain. Tears dripped down from her shut eyes, her hands and feet pulling at the ropes to break free. Adam ripped the knife out and she cried out again, letting out breathy sobs. She fell limp against the stone table, her body weak now that she'd been stabbed. Ruki launched forward, shoving Adam away. The others immediately moved as well, fighting Adam away from the stone table as Ruki crouched beside her.