Be My Eve

(A/N: THE LAST CHAPTER! A big deal! Well, I thought I'd let you know that the next story would involve a previous OC I mentioned in this story...Akane's bestie, Chie Kuromatsu! I hope you don't mind that lol. I hope you've enjoyed this story, because I've enjoyed writing it! The theme here is Ice Dance-Danny Elfman.

Thank you for reading this story!

RandomRedRidingHood)

***************************

Akane stumbled out of the mansion, pulled by him. 

"W-Wait--Ruki-kun--!"Akane gasped. He ignored her, dragging her along. She pulled back. "I said wait!" Ruki stopped and she stumbled, falling into his back. She rubbed her nose and pulled away, frowning at the pain. She looked up at him as he looked down at her. 

"What?"Ruki asked. Akane swallowed. He turned to look at her. "What?"

"Why did you do that?"Akane asked. She looked away. 

"You wanted me to let her hit you?"

"No...I mean...what was with you saying you were taking me...?"Akane murmured. Ruki frowned at her. Akane looked down at the ground. Ruki sighed at her. "I mean...I don't understand. That wasn't really your business...or your problem. So why interfere?" 

"Akane,"Ruki murmured. She looked up and he quickly moved, grabbing her chin between his thumb and other finger. He tilted her face up, lowering himself. Her eyes went wide as he pressed his lips to hers. Her eyes closed and her hand rose up, grabbing onto his sleeve. He moved his lips over hers for a moment more before rising back up. Akane's eyes opened slowly, blinking at him in surprise. "Do you understand now?" She swallowed. 

"Maybe...I-I think?" Ruki sighed. He moved, releasing her chin. He took her hand in his and tangled his fingers with her. 

"Come on. You don't have to worry about them anymore." 

Akane allowed him to pull her along. Akane stared at his back. Her cheeks were bright red. She looked down and smiled to herself. 

****

Akane sighed hard, carrying out the last box of her things. She moved and teleported away, ending up at the Mukami mansion. Ruki opened the door for her as she started up the steps. Akane couldn't see around her box as she walked. Her foot missed the step and she squeaked in surprise, falling back. Ruki was behind her in an instant, tilting her back forward on the steps with his hand. He took her box and sighed at her. 

"Klutz." 

"So we've moved from "Livestock" to "Klutz"?"Akane huffed. She crossed her arms, starting up the stairs after him. He stepped aside and Akane closed the door. "Where is all this going to go, Ruki-kun?" 

"Still with an honorific?"Ruki asked. Akane stiffened. She blushed and looked away. He sighed. "There are a lot of rooms in this house...we'll make one your study with your things and the rest will go in our room." 

""Our" room?!"

"You're not leaving my sight again, may as well get used to it." Akane blushed harder and huffed. 

That night, Akane slept as far as she could away from Ruki. It had been a week since she'd been kissed by him, which she took to stand in as his confession, and now she was trying to adjust to living in a room with him? They were barely dating. She couldn't handle this. Her heart was beating fast, like the wings of a humming bird nearly. Ruki sighed, rolling over. His arm draped over her waist and he dragged her close. Her eyes went wide. He pressed his lips against her shoulder, his eyes closed as he stayed still on the pillow. 

"Your heart is beating so fast,"Ruki murmured. Akane swallowed. His arms encircled her, holding her tightly to his chest. "What's got you so nervous? Thinking dirty thoughts?" Akane blushed. 

"What? No!"

Ruki hummed against her shoulder. He inhaled, the warm and comforting smell of her rushing up into his nose. Ruki kept his eyes closed. 

"Too bad...I might've done it to you if you were." Akane's face was beet red now. Ruki popped an eye open. He smirked to himself, seeing that her ears were red too. "You're matching your name now." Akane blinked. 

"Hm?" 

"The meaning of your name,"Ruki told her quietly. Akane blinked at him, staring forward at the curtains drawn over the window. "Brilliant red." She huffed. 

"Where did you find that out?"

"I looked it up." 

After a moment of silence, Ruki frowned at her silence. He opened his eyes and moved, turning her around quickly. Her eyes went wide as they faced his bare chest. Akane was frozen in embarrassment. Ruki stared at her before he closed his eyes and pulled her to him. 

"Your thoughts are nearly louder than your heartbeat." Akane stiffened. His hand slid over her hip, gently drawing her shirt up. He slowly trailed his fingers up her skin gently, sending her body alive with heat. "What's on your mind?" His fingers traced patterns. Akane stared at his chest. She sighed and closed her eyes. 

"Ruki-kun...what am I to you?" He paused. 

"What?"

"I know you kissed me...and you said you would take me from my parents, and you have, but...I still don't know. You've acted different since my awakening...So what am I to you?"Akane asked. She pulled away, looking up at his face. He stared down at her in surprise. Ruki's brow pinched together. "If you don't answer...I won't know how to take the way you treat me...and I won't know what to do." Akane looked down. Should I really be saying all of this? She wondered. She frowned. "You know...I decided a while ago, when Adam kidnapped me--"

"You have to bring that up?"He muttered. Akane continued as if he hadn't spoken. 

"--that I have feelings for you." Ruki stiffened. Akane looked back up at his face. "Serious ones..." She sighed and closed her eyes. "So I need to know...I need to understand..." Ruki moved, flipping them so he was on top of her. Her eyes went wide as she stared up at him. "W-Wait--" He lowered himself, licking over a spot on her neck. He quickly bit down. She gasped. Ruki closed his eyes, drinking her blood. He paused, realizing the taste had changed. Akane closed her eyes, letting him drink from her. He pulled away after a moment, staring down at her. Her eyes opened, burning red up at his blue-grey ones. He sighed. 

"I don't know if it's because you're Eve..."Ruki murmured. She stared up at him. His eyes traced over her face. His hand moved, gently caressing her cheek. "But...I feel...that you're mesmerizing." Akane felt her cheeks warm. Ruki stroked her face with his thumb, feeling her soft skin. "I feel that...I too have feelings for you. I realized it when I locked you up...which just makes me feel like even more of an ass for what I'm about to say but...stay with me, Akane." Akane stared up at him in surprise. He lowered, his breath brushing her lips. His forehead pressed to hers, his eyes closing. "Stay with me...be my Eve." Akane swallowed, before the shaky reply came from her lips. 

"Okay..." 

Ruki moved, pressing his lips to hers gently. She closed her eyes, sinking into the kiss. Ruki pressed against her, his fingers tracing over her face. After he pulled away, he sighed down at Akane. 

"Does that answer your thoughts?" Akane nodded at him. Ruki gave her a tired look. "Good. Now..." He moved, flopping beside her. He opened his arms and Akane quickly rolled into them. Ruki closed his eyes, holding her tightly. My Eve...he thought happily.