Parents

(A/N: Yikes! Don't kill me for killing Akane for a little bit lol. I hope you enjoyed that part. This next part is probably going to be a little touchy too, I'm making sure to tie up loose ends. I hope you've enjoyed this story, because after this chapter, chapter eleven, the twelfth chapter will be the last. But don't worry, I'll start writing one of the next stories right after it! Now then. The theme here is Evgeni's Waltz-Abel Korzeniowski. 

Thanks for reading!

RandomRedRidingHood)

****************************

Akane sighed as they sat on the train. Ruki was next to her, flipping through the pages of his book. Akane looked out the window, watching the scenery speed by. She was confused about Ruki coming with her, but felt a little comforted that he was with her. Akane turned to look at him before moving and grabbing her phone from her purse. 

"Hey, Ruki-kun?"

"What?"

"Why did you come with me?"Akane asked. Ruki hummed once. He turned a page in his book. 

"I felt like it." Akane huffed, knowing she wouldn't get any more of an answer from him. She sighed and moved, pulling her earbuds out. She plugged them in her ears, but stopped suddenly, Ruki's hand grabbing hers. She looked over at him. "Let me listen." He moved, taking her earbud and plugging it into his ear. She shrugged and pushed play. Her mother had yelled at her on the phone, pissed that Akane was coming to visit her. She hadn't protested after Akane promised to bring her report card. Ruki moved, looking back down at his book. Akane closed her eyes, listening to her music. She felt a little bothered. She was going to confront her mother. 

"What should I do...?"Akane murmured to herself. 

"If you're going to talk to yourself, don't do it in public." 

Akane jumped in surprise. She huffed in embarrassment and looked away. Since her awakening, something had felt different. Ruki was treating her different than usual...he was kinder to her, softer. As if he was focused on being careful with her. He hadn't drank from her--in fact, none of the guys had since the awakening. She hadn't even returned to her apartment, though a week after she'd Awakened, she'd suggested it. Ruki had gotten angry with her. It sort of confused her...but she couldn't complain. When Adam had kidnapped her, Akane had realized that she was in love with Ruki. She wasn't bothered with it, but she was definitely curious about it. Should I tell him? Akane wondered. No, he'd probably make fun of me...laugh at me or something. Reject me. 

"Next stop: Karuizawa station." 

"Oh, we're almost there,"Akane murmured. She moved, stopping the music and dropping her phone in her bag. She looked at Ruki. "Mom said she sent a care to pick me up...though...I wonder if she'll be confused at your being there." Ruki blinked at her. Akane moved, scratching her head. "I've never brought a guy home...well, I mean, not that you're..." Akane's face burned red. Ruki sighed. 

"I'm your classmate, who's been tutoring you on some subjects to help you get better,"Ruki told her. Akane nodded, not looking at him. He stared at her blushing face. What's she getting so embarrassed for? He wondered. Akane swallowed. 

"That being said...Ruki-kun...if my Mother is rude to you, I'm sorry,"Akane told him. Ruki frowned. Akane looked up at him. "My mother isn't really fond of friends I make...hell, she pretty much fired Chie's mom because she didn't want me to be friends with Chie."

"Who's Chie?"

"Oh...my best friend." Akane smiled and closed her eyes. "She's the one I've been talking to on the phone, you know?" Ruki stared at her.