The Woman

(A/N: Hey hey! How did you like that last chapter? I hope you're enjoying this story so far. It'll get pretty crazy coming up, I'm warning you since I'm the author but honestly, you don't know if I'm lying to you or being serious, right? I could just be toying with you :). Lol, the song here is Dreamcatcher-Alexandre Desplat. I hope you're enjoying this book! 

Thanks for reading!

RandomRedRidingHood)

***************

Akane sighed hard as she stood in the kitchen with Ruki, chopping up vegetables. Is this really a punishment? She wondered. 

*Flashback*

"Get up. You're going to be punished for the escape attempt." 

Akane gave him a nervous look. She slowly pushed herself up, swallowing. Ruki moved, reaching for her. Akane squeezed her eyes shut. She was surprised when his hand fell to grab her wrist instead. Akane blinked her eyes open as Ruki turned away from her, dragging her behind him forcefully. She stumbled to keep up with him all the way, until he stopped outside of a door that could be swung both ways. He pushed on it and pulled her inside, pulling her over to an island in the middle of the kitchen. Ruki released her, moving to the fridge. He opened it and grabbed vegetables. Ruki turned, dropping them on the island in front of her. Ruki slid a cutting board in front of her and moved, passing her a knife. Akane blinked, taking it from him. He pointed at the vegetables. 

"Chop, chop." 

Ruki smirked at his own joke and turned, moving to grab other ingredients. 

*End Flashback*

What kind of dork laughs at his own jokes? Akane wondered in annoyance. She sighed, moving and chopping as he'd asked--ordered her to do. Akane frowned. I could really kill for some music right now...well, so to speak. I am a pacifist. 

"You..."Ruki spoke. Akane jumped. She looked at him, seeing him giving her a hard look. Akane swallowed. 

"Yes?" Ruki stayed silent for a while. He sighed and turned back to what he was doing.

"Don't cut yourself. I don't want blood on the food." Akane blinked at him. She swallowed and hummed in response, looking back down at the cutting board and the vegetables. After a moment, he sighed and spoke again. "I can see why you were cooking with music earlier in your apartment." Akane turned and looked at him in alarm, missing her finger barely with the knife. Ruki turned, an annoyed look on his face. "I said be careful." Akane rose her hand up, swallowing. 

"You were watching me cook?"Akane muttered. 

"You seemed to be focused on it,"Ruki told her. He stirred the pot of ingredients and then moved, peering down at Akane's cutting. "I thought you knew how to cut things..."

"You think I chop carefully when I'm cooking for myself?"Akane sighed at him. Ruki rolled his eyes. 

"I need smaller chunks,"Ruki told her. He took the knife from her and lightly brushed her aside. He cut one of her pieces in half. "See?" He gestured. Akane's brow pinched together. Ruki sighed and moved, placing the knife in her hands. "Here." He pulled her in front of him. Akane stiffened as his hands placed over hers, showing her how to cut the vegetables properly. His touch sent a strange warmth through her skin, his breath brushing over her cheek as he leaned around her. Akane swallowed. This is really...weird... Her heart pounded in her chest. Ruki stiffened slightly, able to hear it. He looked down at the top of her head, seeing what he'd been doing. Maybe she's scared of me and doesn't like me being this close to her...I could only understand that. It's not really necessary unless I'm drinking her blood, I suppose, He thought. Ruki gently released her, his hands drawing away. He turned, walking back over to the ingredients he was mixing in the giant stew pot. Ruki frowned to himself. "Even Livestock like you can learn to cut things if someone shows you." Akane sent him an annoyed look. He didn't catch it, still facing the bigger pot. She was warm...why hadn't I realized that before?