Chapter 22 - Close Interactions

Jin's P.O.V.

It's currently 10:14pm at night time and we're still stuck here in this stupid elevator. Not to mention but It's really cold here. I'm actually starting to worry about Irene but she has a coat on. I guess what I'm worrying about is that I only have a polo shirt and pants so I'm at risk of getting cold. I didn't show it to Irene though.

"Help is taking forever! What am I gonna do?!" Irene's non stop complaining has been going on and off for 2 hours straight now.

"Aish! Aren't you gonna stop complaining? We both here are suffering you know." I said.

"Easy for you to say, I have to be at home or my friends will be worried! And for you, you're alone in your condo." Irene said that quite hurted me but I just shrugged it off.

I just looked away from her and just looked down.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean t-to--" Irene said.

"No. Don't apologise. I'm fine. You are telling the truth anyways." I said locking eyes with her again as she looked guilty.

"Anyways, how were things between you and Sehun?" I asked trying to change the subject as her face looked surprised.

"O-Oh..."

"We're not together." Irene said as my eyes widened.

"W-What?" I asked.

"Listen, I have to tell you something." Irene said.

40 minutes later...

Irene explained that after I left for Germany 3 years ago, Jisoo and her friends walked up to her the next day and told her the truth. She knew that I got framed and my friends knew too. She also told me that her dating Sehun was fake because she just tried to come up with a pay back to me.

I was left shock at the moment when she said that there was no dating going on between them. A part of me was relieved and happy about the news and a part of me felt sad because of how many years has been wasted because of just a single frame up.

"And that's that." Irene said.

"Well the whole 3 years has been mixed up with misunderstandings." I smiled.

"I-It's the first time in 3 years that I've seen you smile again." Irene said as I blushed and looked away.

"A lot of things is just flooding my head that's why I haven't been smiling more often." I explained as she nodded.

"Well Sir Kim, I want you to smile more often 'cause it really suits you." Irene said with a smile that melted my heart.

"It's harder than you think, Ms. Bae." I said.

"And why is that?" Irene raised an eyebrow.

"I'll tell you next time." I said with a smirk to see her annoyed face.

'I can't tell her about my father for now.' I thought to myself.

"Hmph." Irene shrugged.

Another 10 minutes later...

"OMG! What is taking them so long? I don't want to spend a night in an elevator." Irene said as I just chuckled.

"Can't you think of a way on how we can go home? I need my smart secretary to think." I teased her.

"Like I haven't thought of anything. You ignored my suggestions a while ago. I wanted to jump really hard so that the elevator can move again." Irene said as I just laughed.

"And you think that would work? Are you serious?" I asked her while still laughing.

"Well do you have another plan if you're so 'smart'?" She asked.