Chapter Ten: Past Memory

The next day came, I wonder the school hallway with a chunky History book in my hands, as my class had just finished

The next day came, I wonder the school hallway with a chunky History book in my hands, as my class had just finished. The hallway was busy with students going to their classes, my gaze cast down to the end of the hallway to the double doors. But a wave of emotions had hit me all at once, making my head pound. Whispers had entered my head, they were getting louder and louder, I squeeze my eyes shut, as I came to a halt.

Suddenly, the whispers turned into screams, like screams from the dead. I dropped my book onto the ground, I could feel the vibration from the drop, but it sounded like a bomb had just gone off...

I snap open my eyes to find myself not at school anymore, but standing in my old home when I was a human. I stood watching my parents and my sister talk to one another, like everything was fine. Suddenly, the door to the house opened, and past me walked in, wearing a dress... Colour had dripped off my face, my heart began to break, tears already streaming down my cheeks. I know what was going to happen...

"Alice, what have we told you, don't stay out after dark. Especially on a full moon," my mother had stated to my human self. This wasn't a lost memory, it was a memory I wanted to forget. Human me just huffs at my mother, as back then I still didn't believe in other supernatural creatures beside Witches. I was stubborn back then, but even more now.

I blinked for a moment, and when I reopened my eyes, the scene had changed . There was no longer food on the wooden table, and my family and myself were sat around the fire-place. Human me was drawing my sister as she was sat in front, doing different poses, making Human me laugh. A smile came to my own face, as it was the most happiest I had seen her.

"No," I whispered to myself, my tone weak as I know what was going to happen next. I took a few steps forward, my gaze on my sister. Suddenly, wind blew through the house, making the lit candles blow out, the only light was coming from the fireplace. Just then, a low growl emitted from an open window in the kitchen, as it was all in the same room, besides the bedrooms. My sister was curious from this, so she stands to her feet and heads over to the window.

"Eliza, it's just the wind," my mother retorted to her, but my sister kept going. Every step she took, my heart began to break, as I was following behind her. As she came to the window, she peers out of it, and cocks her gaze left and right to listen to the wind rustle through the trees...

It happened so fast, the wolf jumps through the window, it's teeth on show and snarling and snatched my sister, biting her, and clawing at her. My sister screams for a moment before it had died down, and she was dead...

All of us were mortified and pain, sadness and rage filled us all. The creature stood on it's hide-legs and nearly touched the ceiling of the house as it was massive. His teeth dripped with fresh blood. My parents didn't waste anytime in using their magic, to kill this wolf.

"Run!" My Father yells, as my past-self runs to a corner of the room. Just as my parents used more of their magic on the creature, casting a pain infliction spell on the creature, but it did little too it. The creature lashes out and parted my parents, throwing them to different sides of the room. The red glowing eyes cocked to past-me, before it roars loudly and runs on all four. But before it could reach me, my father used his magic to fling back the creature, but it uses it's claws too dig into the ground, slowing it down. The Wolf cocks it's gaze to my father and with one quick jolt forward it uses it's giant claw to rip into my father's chest, blood pouring from him.