Chapter Nineteen: Big Chimera

It was a new day, I had changed into a fresh pair of clothes, feeling myself in them

It was a new day, I had changed into a fresh pair of clothes, feeling myself in them. I had gotten a Scott from call as there has been a killing, and he wanted my help, plus Parrish had something to show us. Scott, Parrish and I stood outside a blocked off communication relay station, as this is where the attack took place. Parrish presses an icon on his phone, holding it up to Scott and I. I was stood in-between them, my eyes on the phone.

"This is from the relay station's security camera," Parrish began, passing the phone over to Scott who held it at arm's length so him and I could view. My eyes watched the screen closely, within a second, a massive dark inhuman figure comes running out of the entrance, swirls of blackness leapt off it. Though we couldn't get a good look at it, it was definitely big.

"That looked big," Scott's voice held a slight terror too it.

"And too fast for anyone to get a good look at it," Parrish states, his eyes locking onto us. "But you already know what it is, don't you?" His eyes flickered between Scott and I, because it was very clear in our minds what it was.

"The last Chimera," I had announced to them, Scott eyes wondered to mine, as he knew I was corrected. "And I'm guessing we're going in?" I took my gaze to the entrance of the station for a split-second before turning to face Scott, who just nods at me.

We all walk inside the station, ducking under the police tape, and going down the stairs, and turning a corner, before going down another flight of stairs to the mess of the main room. I could smell the wet but drying blood in the room, it was so strong. I duck under the police tape that was held between the two different stairs at either side. We walk further in to find the blood to the right hand-side.

"So much blood," I replied with a hint of sadness, as a guy lost his life due to this Chimera.

"Do you wanna wait outside?" Parrish asked making me cock my gaze to him. He was considering my vampire-side, it was so kind of him to think about that. I gave him a firm shake of my head, gesturing I was good with it all. As I turn back around to Scott, he had now knelt down to the ground, examining the blood.

"You still got a black light?" Scott asks, his gaze on Parrish. He digs through his pocket to retrieve a black light, coming forward and switching it on, handing it over to Scott. He hovers the black light over the ground to reveal black smoke. "Mercury means Chimera," Scott states, switching off the black light afterwards, handing it back to Parrish as he stands.

"But what was it doing here?" Parrish states, as him and I walk behind Scott who was taking in the scene. "Why come here and kill some random communication tech?" Parrish raised some pretty good questions as we had no idea what it was or what it wanted.

"Maybe it just likes to kill. Maybe it's what it does," Scott states back to Parrish's questions.

"That's terrifying," he spoke, it was terrifying that it was killing just for sport.