Chapter Twenty-Three: Memory Loss

I stood next to Parrish in the hospital, as we watch nurses and Doctors roll dead people on gurneys

I stood next to Parrish in the hospital, as we watch nurses and Doctors roll dead people on gurneys. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Parrish hold fear in his expression, as he knows his dream is coming true.

"This isn't your fault," I told him, sneaking my hand into his, gripping it tightly, but he just stares to the bodies that pass, like he was lost in a trance. I hear some soft footsteps from the right of Parrish, making me cock my head to the side, seeing the Sheriff walking towards us, using a cane.

"Parrish," the Sheriff states wanting to grab his attention, but he just continues to look at the bodies. "Parrish, look at me," The Sheriff states in more a demanding tone this time, making Parrish snap out of his trance, and turn his head to look at the Sheriff. I was about to move my hand out of Parrish's, but he suddenly grips it, not too tight, but enough to make me know that he still wants it there. "I know what you're thinking. The dream's coming true. It's not," he was trying to ease his mind.

"Sheriff, there's twenty-three bodies," he states in a calm manner, before looking out to the hallway. "Twenty-three of them," Parrish remove his hand from mine as he went back into a trance like state.

"Which means you're going to go back to the station, and you're gonna go through every missing persons report for the past two weeks. That's what we do," The Sheriff told Parrish, as he knew he was the right thing to do, but Parrish didn't say a word, just looked back to the bodies. "You got it, Parrish?" The Sheriff pushes, as he turns back around and nodded his head in defeat before walking pass the Sheriff and down the hallway.

"I'll make sure he get's to the station all right," I told the Sheriff as he smiles at me with a nod of his head. I walk pass him and headed down the hallway. "Parrish wait," I told him, making him look back for a moment as I caught up with him. We both walk side-by-side in silence as he was thinking about the bodies and the dream, that it was all coming true.

"Have you ever had a dream that came true?" Parrish asks, breaking silence with a question. Making us stop in our tracks, and our eyes meeting.

"If you're referring to dreams as premonitions, then yeah," I began, his expression soft. "But I'm a Witch it's an ability we have. But nothing is set in stone, the future can change," I told him, easing his guilt of sorts, but he still looked worried. "Parrish listen to me," I grab him by the shoulders, my eyes burning into him, he was slightly taller. "Don't get fixated on this, the more you worry the more stress you'll be. The future can change, have hope that your dream will never come to pass," I told him in a stern but caring way as I offered a smile to him.

Before I knew it, Parrish quickly leans forward and plants a kiss on my lips, making me go stunned for a split-second. His lips were warm and pleasant to feel on mine, his hands found there way around my waist, pulling me into him. My own hands wrapped around his neck, pulling him in also. The kiss was electrifying, the heat and passion was there... I'll even go as far to say that it was on the same level as Derek...