Chapter Thirty-One: Recover

The Sheriff had requested me personally with the help with Parrish. Though he didn't know what was truly going on, he knew Parrish was leaving because it wasn't safe for us. Luckily, he left his badge in the station, allowing me to perform a locator spell, though he was moving I could see where he was heading, and the Sheriff predicted where he was going. Parrish thinks that his dreams and the bodies was all because of him. And he thinks leaving with stop that?

Totally will not...

I stood by the side of the Sheriff as we hear a car approaching at the normal speed limit, but the Sheriff had planted spikes in the road, to burst Parrish's tires. I see Parrish's car swerve out of the way of the trap, but his tires had hit them and he skids the car side-ways as it comes to a stop. I see Parish get out and look at his tires for a moment, before coming to look at the road to see the trap. Just then, the Sheriff leans into his car and turns on the engine, roaring it to life with the lights and the sirens, alerting Parrish to his presence.

"I don't remember giving you any vacation time," the Sheriff states strongly, eyes locked on Parrish.

"Those were new tires," Parrish argued back, sounding a bit pissed off.

"Now they're scrap rubber," I spoke loudly, as I see Parrish's face lit up in shock and surprise, probably hearing from Lydia I was unconscious.

"Alice?" He asks in surprise as the Sheriff and I made our way down to the road. My eyes connected with him as I nodded softly.

"How about I call a tow for you?" The Sheriff causal added, gesturing to Parrish's car.

"I'll call one myself," Parrish states in a bitter tone, as he turns to grab his cell from the car. But another vehicle approaches from behind, making us turn to see who it was. Of course the Sheriff and I knew who it was. The car door opens and Lydia emerges, and comes over to us.

"You three are out of your minds. You know that?" Parrish states, his eyes flickering between us all.

"You can't leave," Lydia states strongly, as she stops to the left of me.

"I can't stay. I'm a Hellhound," he began, his focus was mainly on Lydia and I as we would understand him more. "I have the word, 'Hell' in my name. Hell," he made his point to us, but it shouldn't make him leave this town.

"You're also one of my best deputies," the Sheriff countered his comment.

"You guys don't get it. The bodies I see in my dream are because of me. And there's gonna be more. A lot more," Parrish argued back at us, making reasons why he should leave, but to me they are reasons to stay.

"I've been predicting death longer than you. And Alice is a Witch, the things we've seen and felt. They don't always happen," Lydia added, making me apart of this as well. Witches can predict death, we can tap into the other-side, and commune with the death, if we wish it...

"If you go, then the people you see in your dreams will die, because you didn't stay," I replied back to Parrish his eyes connecting with mine.

"Because you weren't there to protect them," Lydia added his eyes flickering to hers. "You said you were drawn to Beacon Hills," Lydia took a few steps closer to Parrish. "I think you're here for a reason," she went on, as I took a few steps closer to her.

"Lydia's right Parrish. You're not just here to work, you're here to protect," I smiled at him, as he offered me a small smile, knowing that I was right.

"Hey," the Sheriff took a few steps forward, and throw Parrish his badge back to him. Parrish held it up and looked at it, as he made up his mind and that he was staying.