F o u r

Art brought to you by: Last-Year-Lexi! (Lexi if you reading this I miss you)
[POV: omniscient]

Zim exited the garbage can in his kitchen, properly positioning his wig and lenses. His 'hair' messy from late-night work, his eyes narrowed at the molecules ahead of him.

Zim sighed at the sight of (Y/n) asleep on the couch, their arms wrapped tight around Gir. For some reason, he felt a bit of confused jealousy towards the small robot. With a low growl, he grabbed the robot, throwing him across the room.

"Gir! Put your disguise on! You must watch the base while Zim and our pitiful slave go to Skool." Gir did nothing but laugh while dramatically bouncing around, dressing into his dog costume. "Wake up, Human! Get your filthy self off of my couch!"

(Y/n)'s eyes fluttered open, sitting upwards with a silent yawn. Realizing what they were holding, (Y/n) spoke, "take this and shut up. My name is (Y/n), Zim, for the last time."

Looking at the sweater, Zim slightly cringed. Human clothing? For me? Zim? Eh?!

Zim slid into the sweater, noticing how the perfectly cut hole in the back allowed his Pak to exit. He noticed the Irken emblem on his left, making him grunt in satisfaction. "Why give this to me, huma—er, (Y/n)? Zim looks like a filthy worm baby as it is!"

"'Cuz I got bored," the (girl/boy) brushed their hair with their fingers, letting out a sigh. "C'mon, lets head to Skool."

Zim rolled his eyes, following behind the human. Closing the door behind the two, Zim stayed a few behind, thinking to himself. This...this...FILTHY HUMAN has done something to me. But what? What is it that is making me feel so...so...GRRR, I SHALL—no, I must remain calm. I shall not let this human win. If anything, I shall win.

(Y/n) was glued to their phone, reading the Wattpad fanfics that had been updated the other night, too focused to hear Zim's thoughts. After reading the updated chapters, it seemed that the two were just two streets away from the Skool.

But a rumble was heard overhead.

"(Y/n)-Human, what are those hideous sounds coming from above?" Zim questioned, worried it might be what he thinks it is. The thought of acidic rain pouring down his skin made him shiver.

"Must be another rainstorm." It took a moment for the two to register the faint pattering of raindrops around them. "Oh son of a—"

(Y/n) was cut off by the sound of Zim's scream. He thought about how he was bonded to (Y/n), forcing him to grab onto the girl/boy to avoid any injuries. Instinctively, Zim's Pak legs shot out and began transporting them to the school.

"ZIM WHAT THE HECC? WE'RE IN PUBLIC!" (Y/n) yelled, smacking Zim in the face with realization. He dove under the cover of some trees, the put the human down, retracting his metallic, spider-like legs.

Zim didn't seem to be in any pain, nor did (Y/n). The two stood, confused, wondering why they weren't feeling any pain.

"What is this trickery? Has this filthy world finally stopped poisoning its water?" Zim searched his body, looking for any signs of harm.

"Maybe it's because... uh..." (Y/n) thought for a moment, " 'cuz I'm human...?"

"And we are bonded, meaning ZIM IS NOW INVINCIBLE TO THIS ACID!" Zim jumped up victoriously, his hands raised in the air. "But then why did we get harmed earlier?"

"Maybe it's like an up and down thing? Cuz it hurts you and not me, and our bodies are linked or whatever? I don't know, but what I do know is that we got to get to class," the human said, fixing the straps on their backpack.

"Correct, human. Let us see what that worthless, filthy human worm baby DIB has in store for Zim today." Zim spat out Dib's name like it was a painful thing to say, making (Y/n) cringe. "Do you know that Dib-stink?"

"Hah," (Y/n) chuckled, "who doesn't? I've known about him since he started acting out on paranormal stuff years ago. You, I never really cared about Dib, even when you entered Ms. Bitters' cla—"

Zim cut her/him off, yelling out, "SILENCE! We must hurry, babysitter." This was Zim's way of winning whatever 'game' of feelings he thought they were playing. He wanted to win, obviously.

(Y/n)'s heart sank. Am I really that annoying? And who am I babysitting here? WHY CAN'T I JUST GET PAID? And why is this alien so cu—ahem, RUDE?

"I can hear you, Human. Bond, remember?" Zim said, his level of sass raising from 100 to 10,000. The girl/boy scoffed, rolling their eyes. As the two entered the rain, they began sprinting to the shelter of Skool. "HURRY, (Y/N), I DO NOT WISH TO BE HARMED AGAIN. IF I DO GET HARMED, I WILL... UH.... MELT YOUR FACE OFF OR SOMETHING!"

"Yeah, yeah, okay, whatever."

The two made it to their classroom, breathing heavily as they tried to calm theirselves down. Zim sat in his seat, and (Y/n) took their seat behind Zim, not caring about the seating chart.

But little did they know, Dib was glaring that them the entire time since they entered, taking notes on them as he always did with Zim. Because, that's Dib for ya.

-----

Thanks for cooperating with me not being here so much. I hope y'all enjoy. This is probably gonna be a messed up chapter since I didn't overlook it oof-