S i x

(Art brought to you by me)
(POV: 3rd)

You're going to regret this.

Zim and Dib stared each other down, letting out low growls, their fists clenched tightly. Suddenly, the two glanced at Ms. Bitters, then back at each other.

"We settle this after school, Zim!" Dib said, his voice cracking.

"Zim has no time to waste on YOU." Zim turned and glared at you, hatred and anger filling the fire that seemingly burned through the contacts in which he wore.

Zim, you know we need a third.

Silence.

"Dib!" You called, and the boy turned his head. "Join our group?" You asked, trying to pretend what just happened, didn't just happen. Dib looked from you to Zim, then a face of bravery appeared. He nodded, and sat in an empty seat near you and Zim. The three of you sat close together, because the class had to move around in order to stay with their groups.

Ms. Bitters talked about the requirements and stuff involved in the assignment. Your trio's topic was World War II.

(Time skip brought to you by: you not paying attention in class anymore, darn child.)

After going through the whole rest of the school day alone, you decide walking hime alone would be fine. You hear thunder rumbling outside, and grab a (favorite color) umbrella from your locker and head towards the front of the school to exit.

On your way out, you began to hear the whimpers of someone seemingly living in your head.

Zim? Is that you having a panic attack?

No! Irkens don't have such experiences... OH MY TALLEST, THE RAIN IS HERE!!

You notice Zim's shaking body outside under the platform, his eyes glued on the ran falling. You seeing the rain gave you PTSD of the night that you first felt the stinging. Your breath was shaky, but you managed to stay calm.

"Need a hand?" You ask Zim, opening the umbrella. He gives you a confusing look, but follows your lead hesitantly.

...

Stepping onto the wet concrete under the umbrella gave you and Zim the chills, but you two hid the fear.

That was, until, Dib stepped up. Gaz was behind him, under her umbrella, playing her...whatever game that was. Game Slave, you thought is was.

You brush the (hair color) strands of hair out of your fave and greet Dib, who's eyes narrowed on Zim.

"I'd said we'd finish after school. Well, that time is now," Dib grew an evil grin in his face, shoving Zim into the ground.

As you saw Zim's skin come in contact with the rain, your body tensed up, awaiting the awful pain.

But nothing came.

Zim.

WHAT? IM IN PAIN HERE.

No, we aren't....

WHAT?!

Zim's eyes widened in disbelief, he stood up and watched the rain drop all over his body, but only felt the wetness of it.

"I'm human, bonded with an Irken... maybe it is like the roll of a dice, just as we thought earlier..." You think to yourself.

"What? Have you been bathing in glue again, Zim?" Dib looked shocked and angry at the same time, and began to stomp his way up to Zim.

Zim smiled, and even let out a small laugh. He was distracted by the good feeling of the rain. You couldn't help but smile, too. You looked at Dib, and saw what he was going to do.

"Dib, stop!" You block Dib's way, preventing him from hurting Zim.

Why is it that I care for you all of the sudden?

"What are you doing, kid? He literally kidnapped you! I'm trying to save you!" Dib began to yell in your face, making you quite upset.

"Now, listen here, kid. My name is (Y/n). There are things you may not and may never understand, and I don't care what you have to say. I don't like the way you're treating me OR Zim. Go mind your own darn business or I will sHOW YOU!" You pushed Dib back a bit, his body frozen in place. You grab Zim's hand and walk towards Zim's base, tossing the umbrella onto the ground.

Huh. You are an odd human being. Maybe bonding with you was the right choice. And now Zim feels weird again.

What?

NOTHING, HUMAN.

—————
Dib art made by me :)

—————Dib art made by me :)