E i g h t

(POV: Omniscient)

    (Y/n) felt guilt wash over them completely. They brushed the (h/c) strands on hair out of their way, smoothing it out with the wetness of the rain. Slowly, they began to feel the painful sting they had remembered with instant fear.

    "Get inside, (Y/n), Zim doesn't wish to feel any more pain right now." Zim opened the door, his gaze was on the ground, and a slight frown was visible. A hint of disappointment in his eyes.

    (Y/n) walks inside. "Zim, I hope you know that I truly didn't mean what I said. I just wanted to get Dib off of me." (Y/n) places a hand on his shoulder as they walk inside.

    Zim brushed off their hand, though their usual face of disgust wasn't there.

    Zim doesn't want your sympathy.

    Zim grunted. He spoke up, "Zim is disappointed with the terrible self-defense acts you have demonstrated out there with Dib. Zim feels you should be better prepared next time." He stared into (Y/n)'s eyes, the tiniest evidence of worry were visible in his eyes.

    But this reminded (Y/n) of something else.

    "If I am to be prepared, I should run home, while its late, to gather my clothes and stuff, since I'm going to have to be staying here." (Y/n)'s forehead dripped a bead of sweat, thinking of home. Of their parent/guardian(s).

    Zim became curious of what had bothered them, but wanted alone time to think. "Yes, yes, go to your living quarters so you can gather your personal belongings. Zim will be waiting. Do not bring your parental units, or Zim will be very upset."

(Y/n) ran outside, using their sweater which magically popped up out of no where as protection from the acidic-feeling rain. Zim, on the other hand, sat at his base, pondering about the human.

(Time skip brought to you by: Gir playing the longest game of goldfish with mini moose possible)

(Y/n) quietly closed their bedroom window behind them, adjusting the (f/c) backpack in their back, which was filled with their clothes. They had secretly stolen their parent/guardian's pocketknife, afraid of being jumped by Dib again. (Y/n) kept that in their back pocket.

On their way back to Zim's base with an umbrella, they heard his voice echo in their mind.

Human.

What, Zim?

(Y/n) realized they had gotten used to Zim's constant company, though what they didn't remember to analyze was their feelings about it.

Why do you fear your parental units the way you do? Zim must know.

Why must you know? Its none of your business.

I feel (Y/n) is sensitive on this topic, but Zim demands to know.

(Y/n)'s fists clenched.

Shut up. Okay? Shut up.

(Y/n) sighed. Zim grew awkwardly quiet, though (Y/n) knew he was awaiting an answer. They softened their stance and felt sadness wash over them.

(Y/n)? Are you...okay?

(Y/n) walked through the door to the base, closing it behind them. They dropped the backpack onto the floor and ran over to Zim, tears beginning to fall. (Y/n) quickly hugged Zim, hoping he wouldn't push them away.

"Zim, I've run away from my parental units. They don't care for me. No one does." (Y/n) held back as many tears as they could, although some slipped out.

Zim felt himself tense up, his instincts telling him to push the human off of him with disgust. But his everything else said to hold on, to comfort (Y/n).

So, he attempted to mimic their actions and wrapped his arms around (Y/n), confusion and confused feelings filled his thoughts.

"I feel so stupid for being emotional, but, its what makes me human, isn't it?"

"Silence, human, before I change my mind."

"About what, Zim?"

"About Zim l-l....LLLIKING YOU, HUMAN."

(Y/n) chuckled, and smiled softly.

—————

Because I had free time. Merry extremely late xmas / super duper early new years.

Invader Alexandra / Author-chan signing off.