38

⚠️trigger warning for sexual assault⚠️

Colby and I approached Jake and Tara, "hey guys" I said softly as Jake pulled me into a tight hug, "welcome back Cora!" He slurred, he was clearly drunk. I laughed and hugged him back, "thanks Jake it's good to be back." I let go of him and turned to Tara, "how have you been?" I said loudly over the music. "I have been good! I've been super tired between starting college and keeping up with this one." She said and jutted her thumb out to Jake, who was now goofing off with Colby. "Oh I get that" I laughed and I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders, "hi Kevin" I said as he bobbed to the music, "Hey Cora we missed you" I laughed, "I missed everyone too but I was only gone for a week" I said dancing along with him, "a week is a long time though" We was also a little drunk which made me laugh. "I'm exposing people on my YouTube channel and you my dear may be next" he said with a laugh, I rolled my eyes playfully. "I don't think your fans will want to see that!" He nodded, "yeah they will" he then danced away.

Colby, Jake, and Tara were still talking, I walked over and tapped Colby on the shoulder, "I'll be right back I'm going to the bathroom." He nodded and I walked away through the crowd, once I got to the bathroom I took a deep breath. There were always so many people at these parties, it was always really overwhelming. I looked in the mirror and just breathed for a minute, when I heard the door open. I jumped and turned around, "I'm in here." I said timidly as I saw someone walk in and close the door. My heart stopped when I realized who it was.

"Jason get out of here." I said coldly, trying to not let my fear of him show. "Shut up." He said walking to me, he grabbed my neck with one hand, pushing me against the wall. "Stop!" I said loudly, trying to get someone's attention. "We are going to finish what we started last time." His voice gave me chills, and not in a good way. "Stop I have a boyfriend" I whimpered trying to push him away, the more I fought the tighter he would hold my neck. "Stop-" I choked out as he kissed me, then kissed down my body. I kept wiggling trying to get out, tears spilled onto my cheeks as I panicked. I tried to yell but no sound came out. The door opened again and Jen came in. She had a sinister smirk as Jason was pulling my pants off, I kicked and cried trying to get out of his grasp. "Shut up oh my god you're annoying." Jen scoffed and pulled her phone out, recording what was happening.

I knew she was planning something.

Jason kept touching me as I cried, and Jen filmed. I noticed the door wasn't closed all the way and realized this was my opportunity. "HELP! SOMEONE! PL-" I yelled but Jason tightened his grip on my neck so much that I couldn't breathe anymore. "Cora?" I heard Sam say as he opened the door a little. "Oh my god, get off of her!!" he yelled and ran in, punching Jason in the back of the head. Corey came in quickly after he heard Sam yell. "What the fuck are you doing?!" Corey said to Jen, knocking her phone out of her hand as Sam tried to pull Jason off of me. My eyes were glazed over, my body slowly shutting down. The second I wasn't in Jason's clutches I collapsed to the floor, leaning against the wall, trying desperately to catch my breath. Devyn came in after she heard yelling, "hey, it's okay.." she said and knelt on the ground next to me, trying to comfort me as I sat there emotionless. I was in shock still.

"Someone find Colby!" Devyn yelled as they dragged Jason out of the room, Jen stood with a smirk. Devyn held me close to her chest and rubbed my hair as I stared into nothing. "Fuck off" She said to Jen and held up her middle finger, pulling me closer to her. I truly felt numb on the inside. Mike came in the room and pulled Jen out, I didn't know what was happening outside of this room, I didn't know if other people even knew what was going on.

Colby came running into the room, "what happened?!" He said frantically and sat next to me, Devyn allowed him to pull me towards him. I couldn't move, "Cora..." he grazed my cheek gently with the back of his hand, I looked up at him with tears in my eyes.

"Jason and Jen." Was all I could say before his face shifted to one with anger. He postitioned me to be back in Devyn's arms before he got up quickly. "Where are you going?!" Devyn said and he gritted his teeth, "I'm going to kill him." My heart raced at his anger, "Colby you can't leave her like this" Devyn said as I started to cry, finally realizing what just happened.

Colby's eyes watered as he looked at me sadly, he was torn. I could tell he was working out in his head whether he needed to help me first, or go beat the shit out of Jason. He sighed then came over and scooped me up, bringing me to my feet, my pants were still at my knees, unbuttoned. He pulled them back up to my waist and held me by the small of my back, keeping me steady. I hid my face in his shoulder as he buttoned my jeans back up, then picked me up and carried me out of the room. Everyone at the party watched as we made our way through the main room. "Parties over." Colby said harshly as he walked through the crowd. I saw police lights outside as we passed the front door.

I really ruined everything.

"Kat. Follow." Colby said as we walked through the crowd. Anger still filled his voice, but he held me tight and kept kissing my head as he walked. "You're gonna be okay, he's gone. I'm sorry" he mumbled with a sweeter tone as Kat followed us. She looked shocked at the sight of me, I felt like I wasn't really there. I was just a hollow cavern, with nothing left in me. He walked me to his room and laid me on the bed. He brushed the hair off my face and looked me in the eyes, "I have to go down there and take care of this..I love you I'll be right back, I promise." His eyes watered as he spoke, he kissed my forehead and started to leave the room, "Kat, Devyn, please stay here with her. I'll be back." His voice was rough, he closed the door and we sat in silence.