92

My heart raced at the familiar voice, causing me to whip around.

"Colby." I whispered and ran to him.

He wrapped his arms around me tightly, "it's me baby girl...it's me..I'm here." He whispered into my neck as we just held eachother. "I'm so sorry." I whispered and leaned away, resting my hand on his cheek. "What happened? Why did you run away?" He said and studied my face, he looked so sad as his eyes combed through my features. I probably looked like an absolute mess, "I don't know Colby...I.." tears started to flow down my cheeks as I wrapped my arms around his neck again.

He held me closer as I sobbed, "shh...it's okay..we can get through this together." He said quietly as he rubbed my back. "I just...I can't hold you back anymore." I whimpered causing him to stiffen slightly, "what are you talking about?" He said and pushed away from me slightly so he could see my face. "Your fans. T-they hate me...I read w-what they were saying. They are going to stop being your fans because of me and I can't do that to you. I can't come between you and your fans. I thought they were liking me but then I saw the way that girl looked at me at mini golf and I looked....I looked at what they were saying and I can't be the reason people stop loving you because you deserve so much success and happiness and now I'm pregnant and they are only going to hate me more and think that I-" I was cut off by him pressing his lips to mine. I was stiff at first, but then quickly melted into him.

He pulled away and cupped my face, "Cora when did I ever say that their opinions matter to me?" He said and wiped my tears with his thumb. "When did I ever say that I cared if people unfollowed me?" He looked into my eyes, "I don't. I don't care if people unfollow me because they don't like you. I don't care if they choose to hate me because they don't like you. I don't care if I lose everything I have gained, because as long as I have you, I'm happy." He whispered as his eyes went glassy. "I'm sorry." I whispered and wiped a tear that slid down his cheek. "You can't run away like that, Cora..do you know how scared I was? I thought I lost you forever. If your dad didn't tell Kat you were safe, I was going to call the police and file a missing person report, because I couldn't bare the thought of you being stuck somewhere, possibly not being safe. We have to do things together, Cora. You can't just run off like that." His voice was stern but concerned. I nodded, "I know...I know I was being dumb. I should have just told you where I was going. I should have talked to you but Colby, I genuinely believed I was ruining your life. I honestly still do think that."

He shook his head and pulled me in for a kiss, "you didn't ruin my life baby girl, you saved it."

"How did you know I was here?" I said as he laced his fingers through mine. "We looked everywhere for you. All of us spread out, going to the places you like to go. That's when your dad called Kat, he told her you were safe and that we didn't need to worry so I just assumed you were here, I wasn't sure though, I didn't care. I booked it to the airport. I got on the soonest flight and just knew you would be here." I nodded as we walked down the trail. "I guess we both have a habit of leaving our friends with no word." I mumbled, "yeah, I told Sam but I only told him I was going as I was boarding the plane." He laughed, "you make me do crazy things baby."

"I'm sorry, I really don't know what I was thinking just leaving like that." I sighed out still feeling incredibly guilty. "Don't worry about it, just please don't think you have to do anything alone, you can always talk to me. I know that you're going through a lot, especially now that you're pregnant. Your emotions are going to go crazy but don't be afraid to talk to me." He said as he caresses my hand with his thumb. "I promise I'll talk to you next time." I whispered.

We made our way back to our cars, "I'll see you at your house." Colby said and pulled me in for a kiss again. I smiled and got into my dads truck, then started the trip back to the house.

Colby was about to meet my dad for the first time and my dad didn't even know he was here. Nerves suddenly bubbled in my chest. I knew they would get along but there was still a moment of doubt. I didn't
have long to think, because before I knew it I was pulling into the driveway, Colby right behind me.

I parked the car and took a deep breath. Even though Colby was here I still felt this overwhelming urge to cry and run away. I couldn't get a hold of my emotions and it was really getting overwhelming. I finally got out of the car as Colby walked up to me, "you're okay baby girl." He said and pulled me into him, he probably noticed I was unwraveling again. "Why do I want to run?" I whispered and pressed my body into him. "I don't know, but I'm right here with you. You're okay." I nodded and leaned away from him, grabbing his hand.

"Ready to meet my dad?" I said as we walked to the door,

"more than ever."