62

I held my face in shock as the crowd fell silent. "I'm gonna fucking kill you!" Colby yelled, and pushed the guy who had just hit me, his anger finally boiling over. Sam, Corey, and Mike came running over. I was still standing in shock as to what just happened, I felt the blood on my fingers. Corey and Mike went to Colby, trying to calm him down. Sam came to me, quickly turning my body away from the violence "are you okay? What happened?" I finally wiped my face, smearing the blood that was coming from my cheek that was now split open. "That guy thought Colby was trying to steal his girl because she was looking at him, and....and they started fighting and my dumb ass tried to stop them..and the guy punched me. I think it was an accident." I said as Sam led me outside. "Are you okay?" He said and examined my cheek, "y-yeah. I think." I sat on the sidewalk as the cold air hit my skin. We sat in silence for a minute. "Can you check on Colby?" I said quietly and looked up at him, "only if you come inside with me. We can go back to the table and you can sit with Devyn" I nodded.

We went back inside and everyone was carrying on with their night as if nothing happened. Sam led me through the crowd and back to the table where Kevin, Ariya, and Devyn were sitting. "What happened to your cheek?!" Devyn said with a gasp as she reached up to turn my face. "Some guy was trying to fight Colby and I got in the middle of it like an idiot." Kevin chuckled, "okay badass, is Colby okay?" He looked around, scanning the crowd looking for him. "I'm gonna go look for them, I'll be back." Sam said to me as Ariya and Kevin followed him back into the crowd.

"You are so dumb" Devyn said with a laugh causing me to burst in a fit of laughter as well. "I know." I groaned and laughed. "Why would you get in the middle of two fighting guys, that's like begging to get punched." I sighed, "I didn't know what else to do, nobody was helping and I couldn't stand to see Colby get hurt for no reason. I wasn't even thinking about myself or what would happen to me." She looked at me and smiled softly, "because you love him more than anything in the world." I nodded and smiled slightly. "I hope he's okay.." I looked around to see if I could find where they were. "Can we go look for them?" I said and turned to Devyn. She took a sip of her drink and nodded, "yeah, we also should be getting out of here soon, Kat is probably getting impatient." I laughed as she grabbed my hand and led the way through the crowd.

We finally found them sitting on a staircase. The other guy was gone and Colby had a napkin pressed against his bleeding nose. "Colby!" I yelled and ran to him. "Cora! Are you okay? I can't believe he hit you I-" I grabbed both sides of his face and forced to look at me, sensing the anger that was boiling up inside of him. "I'm okay! Look at me. I'm okay." I said as he nodded. "What about you?? Are you okay?" I said and moved my hand to his cheek, softly caressing it with my thumb. "I'm okay, you should see the other guy." He mumbled and looked into my eyes. "I'm sure he looks bad, hon." I said and breathed a laugh. "Alright you two, Kat won't stop begging me to have us all go back to the house." Sam said and patted Colby's back. "Alright, you guys go ahead, we will meet you there. I want my nose to stop bleeding first." Colby said as I sat next to him.

Everyone dispersed and Colby and I sat on the stairs, "we can't avoid trouble can we?" I said with a giggle and he smirked at me, "guess not. We didn't even do anything this time though." He laughed and pulled the napkin away from his nose. "Let me see it." I said quietly and turned his jaw so I could see his nose better. "Does it hurt?" I mumbled and looked up into his eyes, "not really. He elbowed it as I was being dragged off of him. So it wasn't a straight on hit, I don't think it's broken so that's good." I nodded, "your nose is cute." He smiled, "you're cute." I laughed and stood up reaching my hand out to him, "come on felon, let's go to the house before Kat comes here and kills me herself." He grabbed my hand and got up, but before he walked he stopped me, and caressed my cheek, lightly rubbing his thumb over where I was hit. "Does it look bad? I haven't even looked." I said and he smiled distantly. "It doesn't look that bad, but I still want to go kill that guy for doing it to you." I shook my head and grabbed his hand, then started walking to the car. "It was an accident and you know it, I'm just a dumbass who got in between two guys fighting." He smirked as we reached his car, "Why did you do that?" He said and opened my door.

I waited until we were both in the car before I answered, "I couldn't stand to see you get hurt..especially for no reason...and nobody was helping. I didn't care what would happen to me, I just wanted you to be safe." He sighed as I looked down at my hands, which were now folded on my lap. "I love you so much Colby...I have never been so in love before." I admitted as he reached over grabbing my hand. "I feel the same way...I love you so much it hurts." He turned slightly, cupping my chin with his other hand, "I love you, Cora. More than you'll ever know. Please don't forget that. Ever." I nodded as a tear streamed down my cheek. I was so happy I was crying, overwhelmed with the amount of love in this car. He pulled me closer and kissed me, then smiled. "Let's get you to your birthday party." He started the car then returned his hand to my lap, clasping my fingers in his as he drove back to the house.