50

It was a complete fight or flight moment as I sprinted to the hallway and started for the stairs, only to run into someone. Colby's arms wrapped tightly around me as I dropped the blanket and squeezed him back tightly.

"What happened?! Are you okay?" I could feel him looking around as I shook uncontrollably, "there's someone up here!" I yelled, full terror in my voice. By this point all the boys were awake and running up the stairs. "What do you mean?" He said and held me at arms length, examining my body. "I saw a man..he's in there!" I said pointing to the bedroom. Colby's stance changed, he had more of a protective, aggressive demeanor as he took a couple steps towards the door, "Colby, wait please" I begged causing him to turn to me slightly, his face softened at the sight of me. Sam, Corey and Jake stepped up and started to walk towards the door, "we are all gonna go...stay behind me." Colby said to me and reached his hand out for me to grab. I pushed away my fear for a minute and grabbed his hand. We all slowly made our way to the bedroom.

I walked behind Colby, our hands still connected as we walked into the room, "he was in there." I whispered and pointed to the bathroom, Colby nodded and confidently walked to the bathroom, letting my hand go. "There's nobody here." He said and search the room more carefully. I shook my head quickly, "I swear I saw someone.." I said getting flustered.

"Maybe it was your eyes playing tricks on you it's been kind of crazy tonight." Sam said as they spread out and searched the room. I bent down and picked up the pendant once again. "No..I found this in the forest..I didn't think anything of it and left it where it was...but now it's here and I don't know what the fuck it is or why it's here." Colby made his way over to me and grabbed the pendant. "You mean you couldn't have brought it here on accident?" He said and rubbed his thumb along it, "no...I left it there and now it was in the blankets here.." I bit my lip, trying to keep my emotions in check.

"Someone must be fucking with us then." Corey said as Sam was examining the pendant. "It's the letter C...that's not a coincidence..." he mumbled. "Check every room..make sure nobody is here" Colby said and pulled me to him. "Do we know anything about the people that own this cabin??" I said to Colby as everyone dispersed into the house, "no some girl we met at the Stanley hotel gave us a key and told us to come here, it's her grandpa's cabin...." Colby said as his eyebrows knit together, "can you ask her what their last name is..I'm just praying it starts with a C." I sighed.

Nobody was in the house. So my mind must have been playing tricks on me.

We sat back on the couch for only a couple minutes before loud sirens were just outside the house, and flashing red and blue lights flooded the living room. "Shit shit shit!" I hissed standing up and pulling at Sam and Colby's arms. "What's going on?!" Sam said looking out the window at the multiple cop cars now pulling into the driveway. "I don't know, but you two aren't going to be a part of it." I said sternly as I dragged them up the stairs, "Cora-" Colby started but I turned to him, "you aren't getting arrested again." My chest swelled with anxiety as Corey and Jake followed us up the stairs.

There was pounding on the door, causing us to jump. I swung the door open to a small closet in the hallway, "get in here." I said to them. They each gave me sad eyes. "Hurry." I said as I turned away, trying to hide my face, so they couldn't see the fear in my eyes. They both reluctantly went into the closet as the pounding on the door was replaced by a voice,

"You have 5 seconds to open this door or we will kick it in."

Colby quickly grabbed my face, pulling me to him. "I love you." He said and kissed me. "I love you too, now be quiet." I said and shut the door, turning to the boys. "They were never here." I said and ran down the stairs opening the door, I ruffled my hair, so it would look like I just woke up. "Hello officer is there a problem?" I spoke softly. Corey and Jake stood behind me. An intimidating man towered over me, "the neighbors called saying there was intruders in this house. Then the owner contacted us to check it out." He pulled out handcuffs, "you guys are under arrest." He said as he pulled my arm and began to cuff me.

Two other officers came up behind him and began to cuff Corey, and Jake. "There's gotta be a mistake! We are allowed to be here!" Corey said mildly fighting the cop. "I suggest you keep your mouth shut boy. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law." My cheeks were hot with tears falling on them. "Is anyone else in here?" The cop said dragging me out the door. "N-no. It's just us three." I choked out. He pushed me into his car, the other two took Corey and Jake in another car, leaving me alone.

"Sir, I swear we didn't do anything wrong..we had permission to be there." My voice shook as he drove. He didn't respond. I prayed they didn't search the house. I prayed that they didn't find Sam and Colby. I prayed we would get out of this.