96

I woke up before Colby, which wasn't surprising. I decided that since I almost broke up with him after he flew 8 hours to find me after I left him without saying anything, that he deserved a good breakfast. I slowly got out of the bed, careful to not wake him, then made my way to the kitchen.

I grabbed some headphones and danced around the kitchen, as I pulled ingredients out. I decided to make eggs, bacon, and pancakes.

"Something bout you makes me feel like a dangerous woman," I sang quietly and swayed my hips as I whisked the eggs up. As I cooked I thought about how lucky I was. Not many people can say that they have someone in their life that loves them as much as Colby loves me. I didn't deserve him, and I never would.

My thoughts were interrupted by hands on my waist, causing me to gasp. I whipped around to see a sleepy Colby, with his bed head and all. "You scared me!" I said and slapped his bare chest lightly. "Sorry babe, what are you cooking it smells delicious." He said and kissed my cheek, "I'm making you breakfast." I said placing my hand on his cheek. "You're gorgeous, you know that?" He said and pulled me closer by my hips, his deep voice sending chills down my spine.

"I could say the same thing about you." I said softly and brought my lips to his. He reacted immediately and pulled me closer, then lifted me onto the counter. I couldn't help but moan as he moved his lips down to my neck. "Colby," I whispered as he nipped at my neck with his teeth. "Yes baby girl?" He said with a raspy tone, "I love you so much." I gasped out as he nibbled on my earlobe. "I love you too. So so much." He mumbled and kissed me again, deepening the kiss almost immediately. I wrapped my arms around him, clinging to him as if he was my lifeline. In this moment he was. He lifted me off the counter, holding me tightly to his body, "your dads at work right?" He said against my lips, "mhm" I mumbled back, as he carried me to the bedroom, "Colby wait." I said and pulled away from him, "are you okay?" He said and stopped walking. "The eggs." I said and gestured to the eggs that were burning on the stove. He chuckled and set me down, so I could run and take them off the heat. As soon as I did, I turned around and looked at Colby, he was watching me with such admiration it sent chills down my spine, I ran and jumped into his arms again.

He chuckled as he caught me, then kissed me again. I laced my fingers through his hair, tugging slightly causing a growl to leave his throat. He kicked the door open and threw me on the bed, "your breakfast is gonna get cold." I said as he pulled my shirt off of me, "my real breakfast seems pretty warm to me." He said and slid to the end of the bed causing me to giggle.

Thirty glorious minutes later we were in the kitchen again, fully clothed. "No but for real your breakfast is cold." I said with a laugh, gesturing to the cold and burnt eggs on the stove, and the cold pancakes on the counter. The bacon didn't even make it out of the package. "No biggie." He said and put the pancakes in the microwave as I scooped the burnt eggs into the trash. "Do you want bacon?" I said and turned around to see him watching me with lustful eyes, "no, it's okay." He said softly and let his eyes roam down my body, making me feel completely naked. "Colby, stop." I said with a fake stern tone and turned back around, prepping the pan again for some new eggs.

"I can't help it that you're so goddamn gorgeous." He said with a smirk and kissed my head as the microwave beeped. "Shut up." I mumbled playfully and continued cooking.

"What do you want to do today?" He asked as we finally sat down with some food. "Can we go on a hike? Then maybe make dinner for dad?" I said hopefully causing him to smile, "absolutely, what did you want to make?" He said and started to eat, "let's make his favorite,  homemade spaghetti with homemade meatballs." He chuckled, "that sounds hard." I smiled, "it's a little difficult but I think it will be fun." I said and leaned over to kiss his cheek.

I cleaned up the dishes as he hopped in the shower, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I have been trying to hard to be happier today but there's just this gnawing feeling in the back of my brain that's telling me that we can never be fully happy and together. There are too many factors at play here, and honestly it stresses me out. I felt my chest start to heave causing me to grab my phone, I needed to talk to someone.

"Hello?" Kat's voice rang through the other side, "h-hey..Kat I'm so sorry I just left and sc-" I heard her giggle on the other end, "it's okay Cora! Calm down. We all understand, are you okay though? Everyone's really worried about you." I shook my head, "I don't know Kat. I just have been feeling so crazy weird lately, like I'm constantly on the verge of tears and I just keep freaking out. I tried to break up with Colby yesterday..I don't know what's wrong with me." I said sinking to the ground, leaning my back against the cupboard.

"Girl your body is going crazy with hormones right now, none of this is your fault. You just have to wait it out for a little bit, we are all here with you." She said encouragingly, "for nine months Kat? I can't do this for that long." I said and felt the hysterics coming on again. "Cora calm down, it's okay! No not nine months, just until your next doctors appointment, you can let them know that you have been struggling, they will help you." She cooed as I wiped the tears off my face angrily. "I hate that I want to keep running Kat, when Colby found me I was so happy to see him but part of me wanted to run away again, I don't want to be a burden to anyone." I sniffled out. "You aren't burdening anyone!! Please know that we all love and care about you! Sam has been worried sick about you! He rushed to your apartment the other day when he saw they leaked your info, Kevin and Aryia were also really concerned and went with him. Cora you need to realize that you have a family now, a really strong one that cares so much about you. You aren't a burden and you never will be. Please understand that." She said causing me to lose it again.

"Thank you Kat, I love you so much you don't even know." I choked out as Colby opened the bedroom door, he looked at me and rushed over. I held my hand up, telling him I was okay. "I love you too Cora, now enjoy some time at home with your dad and Colby, recharge and then come back, don't run away. We love you." I nodded and wiped my face, "I love you all too, thank you, Kat. I won't." I heard her laugh, "even if you do we will track you down, and I won't hesitate to beat you up." She said causing me to laugh. "I don't doubt that for a second, okay I'm gonna go now, thank you so much." I said and looked up at Colby who was still giving me a concerned stare. "Bye! Love you!" She said then hung up.

"You okay?" He said and helped me up off the floor. "I'm okay." I said and let him wipe my wet cheeks with his thumbs, "just got a little emotional. I'm gonna go shower then we can go okay?" He smiled and kissed me, "okay."