Chapter 6

Room

Some muffled voices can be heard. Frisk stirs in her sleep. She opens her eyes to see that she was moved to a different room. Across from the bed she lies in is a dresser with a lamp. Socks seemed to be scattered across the area. Sca...scandulous?? The surrounding walls seem to be of a dull red grape hue. Where was she?

"SANS! STOP BEING LAZY AND GET TO YOUR POST!! WE NEED TO WAIT FOR A HUMAN TO CAPTURE!"

Frisk recognizes Papyrus's voice as Sans' voice is muffled from her thoughts. Her eyes darted around the room. She's been in Papyrus's room before when she went on that date with him.

Could...this be...?

Sans' room! She falls right out of the bed in embarrassment.

Clunk.

...

"SANS! I HEARD SOMETHING UPSTAIRS! IS THAT YOUR TORNADO AGAIN?!"

"Yep." A mellow voice answered.

"I TOLD YOU TO GET RID OF THAT!!"

"Ok."

Footprints are heard from upstairs. Frisk gets a bit startled. The memory of Papyrus's death jolts into her mind. Her heart starts to pound.

I shouldn't stay here...Chara may come back...

Frisk feels the sins crawling on her back. She's a danger to Papyrus. She's a danger to Sans. To everyone.

As footsteps sound closer, Frisk looks for a way to escape. Her plan was to steer clear of everyone's paths somehow. Since Papyrus was already there, she may not run into him. Who knows when Chara can come back. Frisk doesn't blame Chara on this. Simply, she wasn't strong enough until it was too late. There is a window in the room. Her hands struggled to get it to open.

It's heavy....

The doorknob wiggles. Frisk's heart sank.

C'mon! Open!!

It was no use. The door opens up. Frisk couldn't bare to turn around being caught in the act of trying to leave.

"Leaving so soon?" That familiar deep voice.

Frisk knew who it was. "Is Papyrus still here?" She stuttered.

Sans' hand slams near the window. Frisk jumps in surprise. His eyes look dark as he stares at her. The fact Frisk was trying to leave. The fact she asked about his brother. It all seemed suspicious to him.

"I see what you're doing," Sans glared. "You're not trickin' me."

Unlike Frisk seeing one genocide, Sans has seen many. He saw his brother ruthlessly murdered over and over again. Sans died many times trying to stop another Frisk. How many alternate timelines has it been? He lost count. He's losing his patience. Killing Frisk now would be something different, but Sans knows he has no chance against her.

I shouldn't have helped her. I should have let her died.

Frisk notices his hand shaking as its next to her. Her eyes lowered.

He knows. Sans knows. He remembers.
Her lip trembles.

"Sans...." Frisk couldn't meet his eyes. "I don't blame you for mistrusting me."

Don't cry.

"If you want to end this." Her eyes start to gloss over.

Don't cry, darn it.

"Please, kill me here." Tears kept flowing off her face. Sans flinches a bit.

"Once you kill me," Frisk sobs. "I can't reset again. I can't come back."

When Frisk was about to die earlier, the feeling of RESET wasn't there. Her determination. Her power. It's gone. The feelings of sorrow and pain overtaken Frisk. The fear of Chara coming back.

Sans lowers his hand. The memory of a kind Frisk comes to his mind. The other Frisks he and his friends had been killed by were malicious. None of them acted like this Frisk did. To be offered to kill her. Right now.

Do it.

Kill her.

She was trying to leave to kill Papyrus, right?

Is this a trick?

Why did I even help her? Sans thought in torment. Tears of frustration and pain welled up in his eyes.

Without thinking, Frisk reaches out her hand to Sans to comfort him. Seeing him like that, hurt her heart even more.

Slap!

A twinge of pain. Her hand was smacked away by his. Sans flinches and realizes what he's done. His confusing emotions made things worse. Wasn't she going to tell him her story about Chara? How does she know that?

"Sorry..." Sans looked away, "Um..." A red mark appeared on Frisk's hand. He slapped her pretty hard that he feels slightly guilty.

"No," Frisk shook her head, "I deserved it..."

"Can you tell me why you deserved it?" Sans scratched his skull. "I mean, that was the plan, but you were leaving and all."

"I know..." Frisk confessed. "I... just didn't want to hurt anyone again. Sans, I don't know what to do..."

Curiously, Sans wondered what her side is like.

"Go on." Sans nodded.

Whether he believes her or not, Sans deserves to know. Frisk begins telling him all that has happened. All what she has felt. How she seen all her friends died once. How she seen Sans killed over and over again without being able to have a will of her body.

She told him everything. Except for one thing. Confessing her love.