Chapter 1

Michael's POV

I wake up with the sound of the slamming of the door. I look around myself and yesterday's events flood back in my mind.

I drag myself up and go to my room. My room doesn't have much furniture. I have a bed and a wardrobe, a bedsheet to take upon myself. No duvet, just a bedsheet.

My wardrobe is also not like others, just some clothes, a single jacket and two pair of shoes, some shirts and some jeans.

Dad said that I'm not worthy of it, so I don't have any of those riches.

I put my clothes on and go to kitchen to find something as I haven't eaten in 2 days. If you are thinking why? My dad gave me a punishment for disobeying him. I can't seem to find anything eatable but just some porridge left in the fridge that doesn't look appetizing.

Whatever. I have to go to school with an empty stomach.

I walk to school though my back is killing me but I don't have any other choice. Already feeling the stares and whispers probably due to my bruised and ragged appearance, I try my best to ignore their snickers.

When I enter the hallway I pray to god that Thomas won't be here 'cause he will beat the shit out of me and I am not ready for that when the day has just started.

I get to my locker to take out my books and- 

"Hey Michael, going somewhere?" 

Speak of the devil.

"Thomas please... not today" I beg him. I don't care how pathetic I look 'cause I just want some peace. His friends and minions circle around me. Their mocking stares shooting daggers.

Without a warning, he punches my face and blood trickles down my already cut lips. I was never strong enough to stand against them. I support my back against the lockers. "Go die, you worthless piece of shit!" He spits out on my face.

Other kids just laugh at me like they always do enjoying the 'Michael Show'. Yes. The name given to my inevitable misery. 

The bell rings. I get to my first period which is of Chemistry. I'm already feeling dizzy, my hunger getting the best of me.

Although so much is going on but I don't let my studies get affected due to it. I want to achieve a scholarship so that I can get out of this hell. There's just this strong urge within me to prove myself one day. That I'm something. That I'm worthy

All of my periods go well as I don't have any other encounters with Thomas and his gang.

Soon, lunch comes and in order to hide myself, I go to the nurse's room as she always gives me something to eat and when she is around me, I feel safe.

I knock at the door. She opens it and smiles sadly assessing my bruised cheek. "Honey are you alright?" She asks with concern.

"Yeah." I say. 

"Did Thomas do that?" She asks and I nod slightly.

She huffs showing her disappointment. "Do you want me to talk to the principal?" I immediately shake my head as a 'no'. Still no words come out of my mouth.

I don't want to get in any further trouble. His gang will kill me if I do that. She smiles sadly as her eyes hold sympathy. 

Guess she's the only human here with a heart.

My stomach growls loudly demanding food, making her chuckle "Hungry?" I nod staring into distance.

She gives me a sandwich and I eat in peace but that also didn't last long as the bell rings back signalling that recess is over. 

My remaining day goes well and I didn't meet Thomas. I'm surprised my prayers were heard. 

I walk home, the warm breeze hits my bruised face making me feel wary yet relaxed. I get into my room and start studying. Nerd? Maybe I'm one.

It was evening already and the front door opens. I am so hungry right now and I have no other option but to beg for the food from my dad.

I tiptoe my way to the living room where I see him watching some sports on the tv, drinking beer. I go to his side, already shaking in terror.

"Dad" My voice comes out as a whisper. "Please give me some food."

He doesn't say anything for a while. Just when I'm about to speak again, he sighs and gets up from his seat. My instincts make me close my eyes shut as I expect a hit. But he walks by me and throws a packet of crisps on my face and pushes me aside harshly.

"Eat it and don't show me your filthy face again"

Tears form in my eyes and I run into my room. I eat the crisps sniffling.

No matter how hard I try, I fail to maintain a strong stance. I promise myself not to cry anymore every other day but in the end, the emotions are quick enough to take over my senses as involuntary tears come rushing out of my eyes. Why is everything so unfair to me?

I lay on my bed. I feel no warmth and end up staring at the ceiling.

I might not be worthy. I might be a faggot. I might be whatever the world wants to call me.

But in the end I'm still a human. 

Then what sort of human has second thoughts even about taking the next breath?

The human in hell.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Hey everyone. What are your views about the story so far?

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Follow to keep yourself updated.