Chapter 4

Michael's POV

I knew it was a mistake and now everyone will make things worse for me.

When he left, he wasn't in a very good mood, completely filled with annoyance. For the whole class, he was either busy in his phone or just spacing out.

Why can't I for once not care about what others think?

I'm the one I should think about. I'm the one I should love. If only that was as easy as said..

The door snaps open before my dad steps inside with a sullen look on his face. I was surprised by the fact that he came to my room 'cause he never does. Did he come to check on me?

"Hey dad."

I'm not sure if he even heard me say something as his drunken eyes scan my room warily before they land on something on the bed behind me. His eyes turn redder as rage flashes in them.

 Without a word, he steps further into the room towards my bed. I turn around to see him standing with a notebook in his hand.

Wait..

"Shawn Dallas?! Don't tell me you brought your 'boyfriend' here in my house..!!" He shouts angrily making me flinch. Why did Shawn had to leave his notebook here? Now what am I supposed to do!?

"D-dad we were j-just studying. The teacher told us to-"

"Cut it off boy! I know. I know very well." Slurring his words, he steps close to me with disgust all over his face. "I don't want to know about the little adventures you both must have had in here."

Here we go. I was more hurt than surprised by his words and tears come running down my eyes. He drags me by my hair to the kitchen and I just yelp and cry in pain.

The torture hour begins.

Shawn's POV

I walk to my maths class with my group of friends. There I notice that freak sitting at the far end.

His body is covered in bruises and as per my knowledge, last time when we met he was all fine and Thomas also didn't lay hand on him this morning.

I don't know why I am having thoughts like these. After all he is still the same loser and an annoying freak. But I can't seem to ignore the pain written all over his face.

The school is soon dismissed and today I decide to take him to my house for the class. I simply don't want to go to that creepy place again. Even though, there's a feeling that I shouldn't take this loser to my place. 

Why am I even doing this?

"Hey" 

I say as I see him flinch at my voice before turning around. He just looks at me waiting for me to speak.

"I sometimes wonder if you were a stone in your previous life. Don't you get tired of being a dumb freak all the time?" I say feeling irked by his silence. He still doesn't say anything and just looks everywhere except me.

"Whatever. As if I want to talk to you or something. We are going to my place from now on."

His eyes widen a bit. Just slightly. "Your place? Why?"

I step towards him banging my hand on the lockers behind him as his back is pressed against them. "Why? You have the audacity to question me?" I say, my voice low and cold.

Fear flashes in his eyes. He just stands there mumbling incoherent words. I smirk.

Yes. You should be afraid of me boy.

"Don't be late or else don't expect me to wait for you. I'm outside." Giving one last look, I make my way towards the school gate.

Michael's POV

I see his figure going outside. I breathe deeply as I had been holding my breath all the while.

Why his place all of a sudden? Is there something wrong with my house? Does he not want to be with me all alone in my place? 

And more importantly..

What if dad finds out?!

Taking my stuff and shutting my locker, I head towards the school gate. I see him and avoiding the mocking stares, I get inside his car.

The whole car ride is silent. It isn't like I want to start a conversation with him. Never. 

And I want to smack myself so hard for getting tingles all over my body when he was just inches away from me in the locker room. He's your bully Michael. The major one.

The car comes at a halt and my eyes widen in awe as soon as I step outside. No. His house isn't very big but just big enough with a beautiful porch. He disappears for a while probably getting freshened up in his room. I just stand in the living room. It feels comfortable and....warm.

"Take a seat dear. What's your name?" I turn at the sweet voice. It must be his mom. She looks rather young, her lips curved into a sweet smile.

"Hello Mrs. Dallas. I-I'm Michael."

"Oh I see. You must be Shawn's friends. I have never heard him talk about you though." She says, sitting in front of me on the sofa. 

Friends? That's impossible.

I clear my throat trying to be less awkward. "No actually I'm here to help him for maths. We are not frien-"

"What's for lunch mom?" Shawn speaks up as I see him coming downstairs, his hair wet due to shower. 

"I made pasta today. Are you hungry?" His mom says with the same sweet smile.

He nods before his mom heads towards the kitchen. He takes the same seat in front of me as his eyes look at his mom's retreating figure. No sign of rudeness. Something different can be seen those brown eyes. Love and warmth. He must love his mom. Well, that's natural for anyone but I never gave a thought about his warm side. How could I?

All of a sudden, my mind wanders back to the incident years ago and guilt rushes inside me. Thinking back to how I was the reason for my mom's death whom I loved so much, tears threaten to spill from my eyes. 

I feel a tap on my shoulder making me look to the side. 

I see him sitting beside me.

"What happened? When will you ever stop spacing out huh?" He asks in a bored tone before resting his head on his arms on the sofa. And before he does, I don't miss the hint of sympathy and sadness in his eyes. Even though for a split second, but it was there. 

Maybe I'm just hallucinating.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

What are your views so far?

QOTD: Do you think that Michael's dad will find out about this ?

Don't forget to vote.