Chapter 3

Michael's POV

The car ride was silent. He is just being his usual self but a little too quiet. I, however, can't seem to handle the awkward silence. I feel uncomfortable would be an understatement. But more than that, I feel alarmed. Alarmed and scared. 'Cause I never know what this boy has got up his sleeves.

After all, he's one of my bullies. One of those whom I despise.

I look at him and his eyes stay concentrated on the road. His light pink lips pressed into a thin line as his tan face somehow glows. Well, it's hard to deny that he is really handsome. I think his looks must have been the reason why he was my crush for so long. My crush whose looks totally contradict his personality.

I still can't believe that I was one of the preys of his looks and charms. But that was in the past. My feelings towards him have managed to subside with time and Shawn is nothing more than my bully now. 

The only feeling left is the feeling of hate.

"So this is your home ?" he asks snapping me out of my thoughts. I nod feeling embarrassed that I might have been staring at him throughout the ride. He parks the car before we both head inside.

Why do I feel like this is really a bad idea?

Shawn's POV

God knows if I have something on my face or suddenly I seem too fascinating that this boy kept staring at me in the car. I held myself whenever I was about to snap at him 'cause my mood was already ruined and I had no energy to spend on this freak.

I step out of the car as the sunlight strikes right on my face. I'm not surprised that his house is in the secluded area of the town where the people seem like they lack class. 

Can't believe I have to come here everyday for the so-called tuition all because of that maths teacher. Always a pain in the ass.  

The door of the house opens with a slight creak. There's not much furniture or colour. Most of the stuff is wooden and outdated. The house is giving lonely vibes as it totally lacks life. Nothing warm. It's just all cold in here. 

I follow him up the stairs. My phone buzzes in my pocket. I check and see my mom's message asking my whereabouts. As I get busy in typing a reply, I don't realize that Michael stops walking and turns to face me. My head bumps into his making me hiss due to the sudden pain.

"What are you doing!?" I ask him annoyed, rubbing my forehead. "Dammit!"

 "I-I am sorry I didn't mean to- I just- uh.." He fumbles upon his words and shifts to the side giving me way to the room. "This is my room." 

My eyes scan the room. I said earlier that the house seems lifeless and believe me when I say that this room is giving me the creeps. I see a bed and a wardrobe. The wind makes the white curtains blow that are torn at the edges. There is not much light coming from the window. 

I see him fidgeting with his fingers as he stands by the door. I begin to lose my patience. 

"I don't have any intention to waste my time here with you doing nothing. You better start the class or whatever that shit is."

The 'class' goes well and that freak didn't say anything else aside from the topic. I get bored out of my senses. I would rather commit that I'm scared of lizards than do this.

Well somehow, I manage to get done with him. 

My mind wanders over to today's happenings as I munch on my tuna at the dinner table.

Shaking my head to throw away these thoughts, I finish my dinner. I head up straight to my bedroom after sharing a goodnight kiss with my mom. I can't seem to sleep though.

I know I'll never admit but I do feel bad about his condition. Just a little.

I sigh feeling annoyed as I was having thoughts about that freak and just lie with my eyes closed, waiting for sleep to take over me. 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
QOTD (QUESTION OF THE DAY)

Do you think that this is the beginning of Shawn's feelings for Michael?

Don't forget to vote and comment.