Chapter 5

Michael's POV

I don't know why but after what I saw in his eyes, I just can't get rid of it. That tinge of concern.

I step out of my house shutting the door behind me. Yesterday when I came back, my dad didn't notice anything much to my surprise. I was late though and just went straight to my bed. I start walking, the cool morning breeze kissing my bruises that were starting to heal. The trees sway as if feeling happy due to the relaxing weather. A sigh escapes my lips. It feels less suffocating and there's something relieving as I watch the birds chirp and flowers blossom. I should really come outside more often.

"Hey mum." I kiss her cheeks as I just came back from school.

"Did my baby have fun in school?" She asks with a smile. Her smile is my favourite.

"Mm hm..But I missed you mom." My voice comes out muffled as I snuggle in her arms.

I hear her chuckle before she makes me look at her. "I'm always with you, right here." She says pointing a finger at my chest. I stay in her arms for a while telling about my day in school.

"No hugs for me?" Dad says as he steps out of his room. We burst into laughter and dad joins in for a group hug.

"I love you both." Laughing along, I watch my parents having a good time.

"Do you miss me mom?" I say gazing up at the blue sky. 

"I miss you too." 

I close my eyes for a moment trying to get my emotions in control. It's been a while since I got so overwhelmed all of a sudden. Shaking my head, I head towards the school.  

The whole day passes somehow despite of having nasty comments on me that have become normal now. 

Here we go, once again to Shawn's house.

In the parking lot, Thomas becomes physical. He and his minions kick, punch and slap me.

But this time to my surprise, Shawn saves me. "Guys, let him go, I don't have much time to waste on him."

Shawn's POV

Today, I have another class with Michael When I enter the school parking lot I see Thomas and his gang beating Michael.

I don't know why but this time it didn't feel right.

"Guys let him go, I don't have much time to waste on him." I say with a huff, not wanting to look suspicious at that moment.

"As you say buddy." With this, they all leave.

"Thanks." Michael says. "For what?" I try to act dumb. 

"For saving me from Thomas." 

"Listen, I don't want to waste my time and that's why I saved you." I say flatly without even seeing the pain that has just arisen in his eyes.

I don't like it, didn't know why. But then I did the unexpected thing.

"I am sorry.... for bothering you and bullying you."

Michael looked shocked. Through his expression it is clearly seen that he didn't expect that. Well neither did I.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I know that this is kind of short. Anyways,

QOTD: DO YOU THINK THAT ANYONE WOULD HAVE NOTICED SHAWN'S FEELINGS BEHIND HIS ACTION ?

Don't forget to vote nd comment.