Chapter 2

Michael's POV

Sigh. Feels like today is the worst day of my life. But then, when it isn't?

Firstly in the morning, I had another round of beating from my dad. Somehow, I was able to drag myself to school and here, the devil himself was waiting for me. Thomas.

He verbally abused me, which was normal for me as my ears were used to such assaults. I don't know why I was their target but on the other hand, the answer was known to me. I'm just weak.

Too weak. 

I wasn't able to take it when he got physical. I fell down on the floor limp and the next thing I knew, I woke up in the nurse's room. 

I look around and see the nurse standing there. "Are you fine?" she asks, her voice laced with sympathy.

"Yeah, I guess."

About to lay back, I open my eyes in an instant as I realise that I am late for my classes. Ugh.

The nurse argues to have some rest but I decline. I get up to leave after she hands me some pain killers. My first half classes are over and I have no intention to miss the remaining ones.

I get into my maths class expecting the same comments and pestering but that isn't the case. I get it why as I look up and see him.

The most popular and handsome guy of the school. Shawn Dallas. Girls drool over his charms while some boys envy him. Of course, he is the captain of the football team. He is sitting with his friends circled around him, girls trying to get his attention. Typical.

I roll my eyes and sit down on my desk. At least, they won't bother me for sometime. Soon, Mr. Alex, our maths teacher steps into the class with some papers, probably result of our recent maths test.

"Okay class. Now please be seated." He orders and everyone follows.

"I am returning your answer sheets. Some students really need to work hard." He says as his eyes particularly squint over a few students.

Soon he begins to call names and then mine comes. I got an A.

This day is not that worse maybe.

He smiles at me and tells me that I did great. And once again, I feel those burning stares at my back. I take my sheet and get back to my seat without looking up.

"So how do you explain this now?" The teacher says making me look ahead. Oh I see. It's Shawn again.

His face remains blank as he looks at Mr. Alex. "You said you'll try and I gave you the chance like many other times. Are you even listening boy?" Mr. Alex says, his tone irritated.

"I will try next time." Shawn speaks with nonchalance. Like always.

"Enough of that. I suggest you to take Michael's help in order to improve your grades and if you don't then you know who's at loss."

My eyes widen in shock. I try to make sure I heard him right. Shawn looks at me with the same blank face. I squirm in my seat as I suddenly start feeling uncomfortable. The most popular and handsome guy of the school is gonna take maths classes from me?

"But I said I'll - "

"Not a chance. You don't want me to call your parents and tell them about the things you do right? Or do you?" Mr Alex cuts him off, authority clear in his voice.

Then he turns to me and I straighten up a bit. "I hope you don't have any problem with it Michael."

Before I could even reply, the bell rings and he leaves the class.

Wow.  

"So?" Shawn then turns to me and asks in annoyance.

"Uh I- I think I-" 

God! Why do I have to stutter so much!?

His face scrunches up as he says. "After school then." 

That was more like a statement than a question and all I say is 'Okay' although I want the complete opposite. Being the obeying one as always. 

Great.

The day passes smoothly without much probIems and I manage to attend all my classes. I walk towards the school gate. Shawn is standing at a distance talking with his friends. Should I go  and ask him if he's coming? No. I can't take the risk of getting bullied by being in their sight. I decide to wait for him instead hoping that maybe he would have forgot about the class.

A hand lands on my shoulder making me jump in surprise. I turn around and see Thomas. What is it now?

He pulls my hair and pushes me harshly. I stumble back trying to maintain my stance. "How is it that someone like you gets an A huh?" He says as he pulls me by my collar.

"Whatever. Don't fly too high or I'll have to show you where you belong to." By now, a crowd has formed that doesn't seem to mind Thomas harassing me. They were rather enjoying it. My eyes wander over to Shawn who is also looking at the scene, a smirk set on his lips.

Thomas smirks too, his face inches away from my face as his hand grips my collar. "And yes. Help him properly or else you know the consequences." 

"Leave him Thomas. I'm getting late for my class." Shawn says passing by me with a bored look on his face. Thomas pats my shoulder once, smirking evilly before he walks away with his gang. I stagger towards Shawn's car in the parking lot. 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

What do you think will happen next? 

Don't forget to vote and comment.