Chapter 6

Michael's POV

I can't believe on my ears. What has just happened?

Shawn Dallas..has accepted his mistakes as well as apologised for them.

I look out of the window blankly as my mind is still trying to process the current situation. We soon reach our destination and after greeting his mom, we both head to his room.

Well, this time there is an awkward silence between us.

"So lets begin." I say, a bit hesitantly. With this I begin to explain him integration.

This time he listens to everything closely. I don't know that I should trust him on this or not.

He touches my bruised arm as it seems like he wants to ask me something but the contact of his fingers and my arm makes me yelp in pain.

"You fine? I swear I didn't mean it." He speaks softly.

"No, its fine." I say as I lightly rub my arm.

"May I ask how this happened?" 

"I fell from the stairs." I lie and it certainly worked. He didn't ask any further questions.

After this whole class thing, he drops me at my house. When I open the car door, he speaks up.

"If you need any help you can tell me you know." 

"Yeah" Shocked yet again by his changed demeanour, I nevertheless reply with a smile. 

After a long time I begin to feel some affection but I don't know for how long it's going to last.

"Well well...the little faggot was with his boyfriend again huh?" 

Oh no. I knew it. Nothing can never be good for me.

"Dad we wer-" Before I could complete my sentence, I feel a sting on my face. A punch leaving a bruise that anyone will notice.

"You're a pathetic piece of shit." He yells and keeps on kicking me as I fall limp on the ground.

"Please stop... please." I beg to the devil but he doesn't listen.

After straight 30 minutes of torture, he leaves after spitting on me in disgust. I somehow manage to drag myself to my room .

Once again, I fall into the depth of my brain to think from where it all began.

All three of us were on the dining table eating our dinner and having a little chit chat. That was the time when I realised that I was gay. So, I decided to tell my parents.

I took a deep breath before speaking. 

"Mom, dad... I  think I'm gay." 

There was silence which was broken by dad when he threw his plate on the floor.

"You are what?" He said raising his voice. "I can't change it." I said as tears began to fall down from my eyes. "James please try to understand." Mom said clearly begging as she knew what was gonna happen.

My father stood up from his chair and slapped me. Mom was constantly trying to stop him. I can still remember how much mom was begging my dad but he did what he felt like.

The outcome that he wanted didn't appear. He wanted to hit me with the bear bottle. Mom jumped in between us and she took the hit. The hit was so hard that the pieces of glass deeply cut through her veins and due to severe blood loss, she died.

Dad blamed me for the whole thing. That's why I'm subjected to this brutal treatment. I too sometimes agree with him. Maybe I was really the reason behind mom's death. If only I would have done something....If only things were a bit different..... 

In school, I told my friends that I'm gay hoping that they would help me but it turned out to be otherwise.

They left me and the whole school came to know about my secret. Guess I should have just kept my mouth shut so that things wouldn't have been the way they are right now.

Whenever I recall all this, my eyes become watery and I begin to cry. I don't know when I fell asleep with eyes full of tears that were surely gonna be red and puffy in the morning.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Hey everyone.

QOTD:- Do you think that Michael is the reason for his mom's death ?

Don't forget to vote and comment. Follow for updates.