Chapter Thirty

"Rise and shine, sweetheart," Caden yawned and stretched before lightly shaking Bucky's shoulder. "What's on the agenda today?"

It had been a couple months since moving to their safehouse in Romania. So far, everything had gone smoothly. Coulson kept in touch about once a week, checking in and making sure no covers had been blown.

"You can't trust a Stark as far as you can throw them," he muttered one time when Caden complained about how that was always the first thing he said instead of a normal hello.

He received an answer he was too embarrassed to repeat.

Bucky sat up, looking as disoriented as his bedhead was. "I don't know," he grunted. "But I'm hungry." He trudged over to the fridge and took out an apple, two oranges, shredded cheese, a red pepper, some mushrooms, a slab of bacon, and a dozen eggs.

"You do know that that many eggs isn't exactly healthy for your cholesterol," Caden said, hands on her hips.

"It won't affect me," Bucky said as he retrieved a frying pan.

"I don't care how big and strong you are, your metabolism will catch up to you one day," she grumbled as she picked up a box of what looked like the Romanian version of Cheerios and pulled a gallon of milk from the fridge, pouring herself a bowl.

"Technically it won't," he pointed out.

"Whatever," she muttered, her mouth full of food. "The one day you even start to show any sign of something other than pure muscle, I'm going to point to that damn fridge and laugh."

"It's a good thing that day won't happen then," Bucky mumbled.

"What did you say?" Caden asked, glaring at him.

"Nothing."

"For some reason I don't believe that." She rolled her eyes. "So, Cezar," She said, careful not use his real name, as she sat on the counter, munching on the O shaped cereal pieces. "Any plans for the day?"

Bucky shook his head as he flipped his omelet. "Nothing we already haven't done."

"True," Caden pointed at him with her spoon.

Bucky went back to the fridge, digging around for several minutes before Caden finally asked him what he was doing.

"We're out of plums," he muttered, slamming the door shut.

"Since when do you like plums?" Caden giggled.

"I always have," Bucky furrowed his eyebrows. "I eat at least one every day."

"You eat a lot of food every day," Caden countered.

"This is true," Bucky noted as he ate his omelet right out of the pan in just a few bites. "I'll have to go get some more."

"I can do that," Caden offered, hopping off the counter.

"It's fine, it'll take me 20 minutes to get to the market and back. It's not like the something in the world will go wrong or anything."

"Are you sure that's a smart idea?" She asked warily. "Going by yourself? What if someone sees you?" She crossed her arms. "And where did this sudden need for adventure come from?"

Bucky put on a pair of gloves and a hat. "There," he said sarcastically, raising his arms. "I'm disguised." (A/N can't y'all just hear Sebastian Stan saying that?)

Caden gave him a sour look before walking over to him and brushing back his wild hair that stuck out from under his hat. "I don't know if I like this," she said. "You being out there alone -- without any back up, just so you remember-- just doesn't sound like a good idea."