Chapter Thirty-Five

"So let's say your sources pull through," Caden said skeptically, rubbing her temples as if to absorb the details of the plan that Rogers and Sam had just laid out to her and Bucky. "How do we know we won't get caught? How can you be sure we can trust your sources?

"We won't," Rogers said. "But I do trust Sharon. She's on our side, she doesn't agree with anything that's going on."

"Then why was she just back there, trying to bring down Bucky?" Caden asked angrily, frantically gesturing behind them to prove her point. 

Rogers ignored her comment, saying shortly, "She'll get us what we need."

Caden turned to Sam. "And Sam, how do we know Bug Man-"

"Ant Man," Sam injected. 

"Right, Ant Man. How do we know that he can be counted on? Didn't he rob Avengers head quarters last time you encountered him?"

"And kick your ass?" Rogers mumbled, before coughing and rubbing his neck. "I mean, what?"

Sam glared at the Captain. "He's way stronger than he looks, pal. And I didn't go down easy if that's what you're suggesting."

"Not at all," Rogers said, holding his hands up in defense. He turned back to Caden. "See? We're going to be okay. Once we meet with Sharon and Scott we'll be able to make sure those other Super Soldiers are not woken up." 

"I say we just do it," Bucky, who was standing to the side of the small group, spoke up. "We have to try, because if we don't, that asshole will get to them first. He can't wake them up." He turned to Caden, grabbing her hand for support. "I really don't see another way."

Caden sighed, looking at all three boys in front of her. "Alright," she said, looking over at the man holding onto her hand for dear life. "If Bucky is on board," she said, giving his hand a squeeze. "Then so am I."

"Great," Rogers said. "We don't have a second to spare, then. We have to meet Sharon at the meeting point in one hour."

"How are we going to make it?" Bucky asked. "I have a target on my back."

"Oh, that's where I come in," Sam said, raising his eyebrows. "I have a ride."

"Sam, I'm not quite sure you understand the meaning of a getaway car," Caden groaned from the back seat she was folded into of an original Volkswagen bug. "The car actually has to get away when we find ourselves in a get away situation."

Sam looked in the rear view mirror, rolling his eyes. "She's reliable and gets us where we need to go. Are we not at the meeting point? And not just on time, but early?"

"Easy for you to say when you're not crammed in the back seat," Bucky grunted as he attempted to shift to find a more comfortable position. "Especially when you're the smallest person in the car."

"What was that?" Sam asked, irritated. 

"Nothing," Caden cut in. "Steve, where is Sharon? She's late."

"She'll be here any minute," Rogers muttered. "Just sit tight."

As if on cue, a dark SUV showed up on the other side of the overpass they lay tucked under. A blonde woman got out and walked towards Rogers' driver window. 

"This'll be fast," Rogers muttered and he slid out of his seat and walked with Sharon to her vehicle. The three watched as they exchanged a few words, before Sharon pulled out Rogers' shield and Sam's wings. 

"She came through," Caden exclaimed in mild surprise.

"This," Sam motioned to the couple in front of them. "Is why we don't doubt Cap."