Chapter Thirty-Six

"Alright," Rogers said, speaking into his ear piece to the rest of the team. "The helicopter is in the hangar directly in front of us. 200 yards, straight shot. I'll make the run for it, everyone else goes to their positions. We go fast, we hit the chopper, we get out of here."

"Think you'll make it?" Bucky asked skeptically, looking over at Caden and Sam from their location. "It's a straight shot but it's long. They'll be watching that strip like a hawk." 

"Just have to slip between the cameras," Rogers said. "We've got no other choice."

"I suppose this is where someone says it's now or never, huh?" Barton asked over their radio.

"Lets just get this over with," Sam said, starting up his miniature falcon, Redwing. "The little guy is ready to fly." 

The team emerged from the underpass going in their separate directions. Rogers in his Captain America uniform strode ahead, making a run for the chopped

"Hemight just make it," Caden mused to herself as she hunched next to Bucky and Sam.

She spoke too soon. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a streak of red and gold, before some sort of device slammed into the chopper, disabling it with a spark of electricity. 

"Shit," Caden muttered, slamming her hand against the rail. "It's Tony."

"Watch Cap," Sam instructed as he scanned the air strip. "I'm gonna find their ride."

Caden and Bucky scanned the scene as they watched the interactions between Stark and Rogers take place. 

"Who the hell is that?" Bucky muttered as a streak of red and blue shot out of the sky, stealing Cap's shield as he landed on top of the grounded plane.

"You've been busy," they heard Rogers say over the radio.

"It's a kid," Caden said, her eyes narrowing as she took in the newest arrival's smaller form. "Tony brought in a fucking kid."

"Two more seconds, I just need two more seconds," Sam muttered as he looked through his scope. "C'mon, Redwing, you can do it, buddy." He scanned for a few more seconds before stopping and pressing his ear piece. "We found it. Their Quinjet's in hanger five, north runway"

Immediately, the three of them saw Rogers hold his hands up as an arrow came flying from Barton's hiding spot, releasing his hands from whatever the kid had shot at him to bind them. 

"And time to go," Sam said as they hopped up from their hiding spot and started running through the terminal. 

"Alright, Lang," Cap said over the radio. 

As they were running, they saw Lang appear beside Stark's kid, knocking him off his feet and returning Rogers' shield to him. "I believe this is yours, Captain America," they heard him say over the radio.

As they ran down the terminal, the kid suddenly appeared on top of the glass ceiling, crawling like a bug as he followed them.

"What the hell is that?" Bucky looked up as he ran, his hand placed on Caden's back protectively.

"Everyone's got a gimmick now," Sam muttered, clearly not impressed by the red and blue suit the kid was dressed in.

Without warning, the kid shot a line out of his hands and kicked his way through the glass that separated them. He landed a kick straight into Sam's side, throwing him into the wall.

Bucky stopped, throwing a punch at the kid with a grunt, his eyes growing wide when the kid caught it in mid air. Caden skidded to stop, her mouth dropping at the strength this boy had against Bucky's bionic arm.