Seized: Chapter 2

"...the van belongs to a man named Philip Ivers." Face states after scanning the file. The team was in B.A.'s van, driving down the road.

"Well, then." Hannibal looks at the team. "Let's pay Mr. Ivers a visit, shall we?"

~~~

"What do you want with me?" Gem questions quietly.

"Just shut up and do as you're told." One of the men growl at her. Gem swallows nervously and wraps her arms around her legs. Her mind was reeling. There were three men, the two that had grabbed her and the driver. The one of the first two sat in the passenger seat, while the other was in the back with Gem. Gem spots a flash of silver in the man's back pocket and knew he carried a gun. She could only assume the other two carried weapons as well. She had to get out of here.

The van pulls to a stop and the man in the back turns to Gem.

"On your feet." He says. Gem slowly gets to her feet, considering she still had her roller-skates on. The man lifts her onto the ground, keeping a hand on her. They were at a Chinese restaurant. As they start to walk, Gem moves her foot in front of her captor. The man yelps as he falls over her foot, sprawling onto the ground.

"Hey!" Grumpy #2 and #3 flip around at the first man's yelp, but by the time they registered what had happened, Gem was halfway down the street. "Get her!"

As Gem zooms around a corner, she peeks behind her. Her captors were giving chase, the van right on her heels. One pokes his hand out and fires a couple of rounds. Gem speeds up as one of the bullets ricochet next to her.

"Almost got her!" Gem looks behind her and yelps. One of the men had opened the van door, arm extended to grab her. She makes a quick turn as he almost clasps onto her shirt. Gem swerves out of the way of an oncoming car and crashes onto the sidewalk. Groaning, she sits up. One of her rollerblades had broken, the wheels lying beside her. She quickly takes off her rollerblades and ducks into an alley as the white van rounds the corner. Gem hides behind a dumpster as the men drive by, looking for their escapee. After a few moments, Gem peeks around the corner. The van was gone. Gem breathes a sigh of relief.

"I've got to contact the others." She says aloud. Tossing her roller-skates into the dumpster, Gem takes off for B.A.'s place. She kept a stash of clothes behind a bush in the backyard. Hopefully, she could call the others and disguise herself to avoid capture. Hopefully.

~~~

"She got away, boss." Philip face-palms himself in front of the three idiots he had hired.

"I asked you to do a simple job: get the girl and bring her here. What is so hard about that?" He demands.

"She tripped Johnny and disappeared before we could catch her." Tim says.

"Well, looks like our girl still has some tricks up her sleeve." The four hit the deck as gunshots are fired. Four men enter the office, armed. The big black one grabs Philip by the collar while the two brown-haired men disarm his men. The white-haired one pulls out a cigar and lights it.

"What is going on here?!" Philip demands.

"Where's Amber, sucker?!" B.A. shouts in the man's face.

"What big man here is trying to say is, where's the girl?" Hannibal leans over to Philip. When Philip doesn't respond, Hannibal looks at B.A.

"We don't have her. My idiots for men lost her." Philip says as B.A. tightens his grip.

"Where did you lose her?" Hannibal demands.

"Over on N. Broadway." One of the men speak up.

"Now that's more like it." Face says, backing up on Hannibal's cue.

"Let's go, guys." Hannibal says.

"Now you listen here, Mr. Philip," Murdock gets in the man's face. "If your boys did anything to our little Gem, I'll have Billie come after ya. You got me?" With that, the A-Team leaves, heading to the last known location of Amber "Gem" Charleston.