Birthday: Chapter 1

"Well, we've got to do something for her! There is no way I'm letting Little Gem not have a great 16th birthday." Murdock says, crossing his arms. Yes, tomorrow was a big day for the youngest member of the team. Amber was turning 16 and none of the team knew what to do for her birthday. Not even Murdock, though he had secretly vowed to make it the best birthday ever for the girl.

"We've got to come up with something. Hannibal, got any ideas?" Face asks. Hannibal looks at the two in front of him. B.A. had taken Amber out so the rest of the team could talk.

"I think so, but it'll take some time." Hannibal replies. Murdock jumps out of his seat.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!"

~~~

Amber felt like the team was being distant today. It was her birthday, and none of them had said anything about it to her. She decides to skate over to Face's place and talk to him. He was always a good listener.

"I'll be back, B.A." Amber calls as she starts to run out the door.

"Where are you going?" B.A. questions, stopping Amber in her tracks.

"To Face's place." She replies. B.A. knew that if Amber was going to Face's place, it was probably to talk. He nods and the girl smiles.

"I'll be back for dinner!" She says as she runs out. B.A. watches as the girl leaves, then calls Face.

"She's heading your way, Face. Don't spoil anything, or I'll rip your arms off." B.A. says.

"Really, B.A.? Me? Spoil anything?" Face replies sarcastically. "I'm disappointed that you have no trust in me."

"You heard me." B.A. growls.

"I won't, big guy. Just keep your hopes up. It'll be Gem's best birthday yet. You just wait and see." Face says, hanging up. B.A. huffs.

"He'd better not spoil anything."