The Dishpan Man

Amber couldn't wait to get back with the team. She had been staying with Amy while the team had gone on an important assignment, not by choice though. If it was up to her, she would've gone with the team, but Hannibal had forced her to stay behind. She had gotten a call from B.A., saying that he'd be picking her up within an hour.

"Thanks for letting me stay with you, Amy." Amber smiles at the older woman.

"It was my pleasure. It was fun. Let Hannibal know my door's always open to you guys." Amy replies, helping Amber take her bag downstairs. Just as the two girls walk outside, B.A.'s van pulls over.

"B.A.!" Amber hugs the man, who chuckles.

"Gem!" B.A. returns the gesture. "You behave for Amy?"

"B.A., I'm not a kid." Amber states, crossing her arms.

"She was perfect." Amy smiles. "We had plenty of girl talks, that's for sure." B.A. goes to ask, but stops. He didn't want to know.

"Come on, Gem. The rest of the team is waiting for us." Amber hops into the passenger's seat while B.A. stows her luggage. A few moments later and they're off.

~~~

"Face!" Amber practically jumps out of the car to hug Face. Face manages to catch her, but not before falling over.

"Gem! I just had my pants pressed!" Face complains.

"Ah, you'll live." B.A. states, taking Amber's things into the house. Amber helps Face stand and the two walk inside.

"Murdock, guess who's back." Face calls as the two walk into the living room. Murdock springs off the couch, where he had been watching TV, and hugs Amber, who laughs at his antics.

"Gem, you're back! You missed it! There was a lot of fighting and gunfire, and look! I brought you back a souvenir!" Murdock holds out a bullet shell. "It's for your collection!"

"Thanks, Murdock." Amber smiles, pocketing the shell. During her time with the A-Team, Amber had collected a bullet shell from each of their missions. She had quite a few now.

"Hey, kiddo." Hannibal appears.

"Hannibal." Amber smiles, hugging the man.

"Who's this senorita?" An unfamiliar voice says. Amber turns around and becomes face-to-face with a man. He had dark brown hair and brown eyes, with a nice tan. He wore a blue button shirt and a brown vest, with khakis and a watch on his wrist. His hair was pulled back in a low ponytail.

"Who are you?" Amber demands.

"Frankie, meet Gem. Gem, this is Frankie 'Dishpan' Santana." Hannibal introduces the Puerto Rican. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you, senorita." Frankie says, winking at the girl. Amber rolls her eyes.

"Okay, whatever. Welcome to the team." B.A. chuckles from where he stood. He had been interested in how Amber would react to Frankie's flirtatious spirit. Obviously, she was not amused.

"Why do I feel so much hostility?" Frankie feigns shock, holding a hand to his chest.

"Listen here, Dishpan, I'm not in the mood for flirty guys. So I'm going to stop you right there." Amber states. Frankie huffs.

"I can see why you call her Gem. She's as hard as a rock." Frankie comments. Amber punches Frankie in the arm.

"As tough as one too." Face laughs as Amber walks away.

"You weren't jokin'." Frankie grimaces, rubbing his arm.

"Don't mess with Gem, or you mess with me." B.A. states, pointing a gold-covered finger at the boy.

"Alright, alright. I get the message. Sheesh." Frankie holds up his hands. Hannibal chuckles around his cigar.

"This should be interesting."