FOUR

When we had left for the North my so called mate was nowhere to be found. I had more important things to dwell on, such as the fact that I would be stuck in this car with this asshole of a Beta for days.

"Where did you get the car from? I thought you traveled in wolf form."

"We do. This is from a family at your old pack. They couldn't say no. Not like they had a choice."

I frowned as I turned towards the backseat to see a teddy bear and a car seat. This poor family. I picked up my bag before throwing it in the back.

"Do you have a mate?" I questioned, I would need to know more about my future Beta. Just in case he tried to murder me and I'd have something to reason with him for possible leverage.

"I do. She's in the North."

"I would love to meet her, what is she like?" I would have to count on her for many things now, her being my Beta female.

"She's beautiful. Fierce and unforgiving. She won't like you."

My ego felt like it was shattered. "And why is that?"

"She doesn't like the weak. And you're not cut from the same stone. You'll have to hold your own in the North. We don't take kind to outsiders."

"I get it." A bunch of rude unaccepting ignorant brainless people. I no longer wanted to talk. My mood was ruined.

Hours had past and the sun was setting. We had stopped for gas a couple time but I was scared to ask for something to eat.

My stomach growled loudly before I apologized. "If you're hungry; you should speak up."

That's when I noticed he was pulling into a family restaurant. "I forgot to bring mon-"

"It's on me." He grunted before parking the car swiftly. hesitantly I unbuckled my seatbelt before following him out the car.

When we entered, I was clouded with so many heavenly scents that made my mouth water. The restaurant was slightly packed, and filled with the wholesome noise of customers talking.

I stared at the menu for short while before I spotted my favourite dish. A burger with fries. I had completely zoned out when the Beta had ordered, I was too busy staring at the couple who were having a milkshake date. I had looked out the window and noticed that the trees were slimmer and taller in this area. I had never traveled outside of the pack before other then the time we had went on a family vacation.

"Alpha K had called me 'moons trick' last night. What did he mean by that?" He stared at for a while before looking away. I was sure he wasn't going to respond until I heard his voice.

"He's not a child of the moon, he was born with red eyes. Feral's don't have mates."

A chill went down my spine as realization hit me. Alpha K had thought he wasn't going to have a mate at all? Just like I had.

"That is why we're paired." His curios eyes met mine once again.

"I'm not a child of the moon. My biological father was a rogue."

He grinned in response before letting out a gruff laugh. "The moon has sacrificed you."

"Sacrificed me? I'm not a pawn. I'm a person."

"You're property. I've know Alpha K my entire life, so I'll warn you little girl. Don't cross him, he does whatever he wants without remorse. He's extremely territorial, and a man of order. So be prepared for a life of staying at home like a pretty little house wife. And opening your legs like a bitch in heat for the rest of your sorry existence."