FIVE

The next few weeks flew by in a breeze. Mostly because I kept myself occupied with house activities. I cleaned all the rooms, planted new seeds in the green house. Dusted, swept and disinfected everything as well as some light re-decorating.

Valnush had brought me all the supplies as well as the groceries. She was a little weirded out that I asked for seeds, she had said I was crazy for trying to grow things in this weather. But isn't that what a greenhouse is for? I believe, I will have some seriously beautiful fruits and vegetables in no time.

Valnush had me write out a list of all the necessities I would need. She brought me everything within the day from hygiene supplies to snacks for the cupboards.

While rummaging through the cabin I had stumbled upon a TV. Sadly it wasn't a nice one it, was very outdated it still had the back part attached to it if you know what I mean. But beggars can't be choosers, luckily it still worked and I was able to watch movies off some of the CDs I found in the attic.

The Beta had left the morning after we arrived. He had said his task was to deliver me here and return back to Alpha K. At the time alpha K was almost completely done his tyrant rampage only a few packs were left.

I was able to learn all of this from Valnush but it wasn't easy, she often ignored me if what I was saying didn't hold value to her. She said her business was strictly taking care of me and nothing else because I was a 'filthy southerner''.

The Beta didn't lie when he said she wouldn't like me. I didn't have the balls to leave the cabin during the day anyways. There was no telling how the Northerners would react to me, the young pups would run by the house during the day as they played. Some days I would catch the eye of a little redheaded girl. She had striking green eyes and a face full of freckles, she was truly adorable. I often had to restrain myself from running out of the cabin and conversing with her.

Even if I tried, I believe she would run off before I could. When she sees me, she smiles and then just like that she runs off chasing after the other pups.

No one else has noticed me through the windows. Not many Northerners wander these parts of the woods I suppose.

But I guess it was for the best, I would wait until Alpha K returns to meet his pack. This whole situation was very odd and intimidating.

I sighed as I rolled out of my bed to get ready for today. I was sleeping in the room next to Alpha K's. It isn't as big as his; but it would do the job. It has a very cosy feel to it and a gigantic window that shows the beautiful view of the forest.

I stripped out of Alpha K's T-shirt that I had stolen from his room; his scent was deeply integrated into his clothes. I often spent hours in his room rummaging through all his belongings. Let's just say, curiosity didn't kill this cat.

I hopped in the shower and put on one of the northern outfits Valnush had taught me how to make. Though I had changed it up a bit, Valnush covered way too much skin in her day to day outfits.

We didn't really wear heavy clothes in the South due to the weather normally being hot. I had tried to wear the traditional outfit but I couldn't take it and ended up cutting it into a two piece. The long skirt is now a mini one; and the shirt was now a crop top.

I found it easier to wear it this way, I can perform all the household tasks while being agile in this. I slipped on my shoes before making my way downstairs. I tossed in some wood into the dead fire pit before throwing a lit match on top. I mended the fire until it grew; the livingroom became toasty. Just like how I liked it.

"Maybe you aren't so useless." I turned around quickly only to be stared at by Valnush. Her hair was tied up as usual but she seemed to be a little bit more dolled up.