TWENTY

Frantically I sped walked down the hallway, I could no longer breathe in his presence. I was a goner, If Xeon hadn't walked in when he did. Things would've gotten quite touchy.

You could only imagine the mortifications on my face as Xeon saw the Alpha's hand slipping into my jeans.

A part of me didn't know if it was good or bad thing that he had walked in. I felt awkward like something in me wasn't satisfied with that ending.

Xeon muttered something in Tamlik to the Alpha, I could instantly tell it was about me. Alpha pulled away as he grinned in response to whatever Xeon has said. I was caught of guard as Alpha slid me of his lap, then nudged me towards the door.

As soon I was on my feet I scurried away, much to my surprise Ezekiel was outside in the hall waiting for me.

"Hi." I wasn't sure what I should say, what do I say to the man who is mated to my brother that refuses their bond.

"Luna." He greeted, I could tell from his bloodshot eyes that he hadn't had much sleep.

"I need to speak with my brother, you wouldn't know where he is?"

"I do, I'm here to bring you to him" Ezekiel gestured for me to follow him so I did. A part of me didn't want to be around the two of them at the same time. I didn't want to witness another altercation.

"Have you two spoke since?" I asked softly, I genuinely felt bad. Ezekiel is a nice guy, and Avery was an idiot if he wasn't willing to see that.

"No we haven't. I've been instructed to stay away from him." I could hear the pain in his voice, it broke my heart into a million pieces.

"By who? The Alpha?" I questioned, Ezekiel nodded in response.

"You can see him if you want, if the Alpha says anything to you. Tell him I personally said that you could." A part of me felt like being mischievous, I wanted to push my limits to see what I could get away with.

There was a pregnant silence as he lead me through the halls, he stopped at a random door before nodding towards it. I gave him an awkward nod in response before knocking on the door.

Not too long after Avery open the door, he was startled to see Ezekiel next to me. Warily he grabbed onto my arm, pulling me into the room before slamming the door shut.

"That wasn't very nice of you Avery." I scolded as I dived into his arms. Avery held me tightly as we squeezed the life out of each other. It was bittersweet feeling, Avery and I had never been this close but after not seeing each other for so long, our emotions got the best of us.

He smelt like home, I could still smell the scent of our family. Mom, Dad, Sam, Lizzo and Jax. My eyes stung as the urge to cry took over but I pushed it down. I was tired of crying all the time.

"I'm glad to see you're ok Nalu. That bastard hasn't hurt you, has he?" Avery growled lowly as he scanned my body looking for and signs of injuries.

I let out a laugh, it was ironic. Last time I had seen my brother he made it known that he wouldn't appose the Alpha for me but now he seems to want to protect me from him.

"I'm fine." It wasn't the complete truth nor was it a complete lie. "How is everyone, how's the pack? How are....you and...?" By the end, my voice was a soft whisper, I never once talked to my brother about the lack of his mate and now he has one.

"It's terrible Nalu, the packs are falling apart. The former Alpha's have become restless, most are only a shell of who they use to be. They've grown into weak cowards. Though they're a few who are willing to fight."