EIGHTEEN

"I don't want to get up." I groaned, clutching tighter to the blanket. I was having a blissful slumber, I had spent the night tucked under his massive arm drowning in his scent. It was short lived because as soon as the sun came up he tossed me off and got ready for the day while I laid in his bed like a sulking mess.

Why does he not feel as attached as I do? It was getting to me. If it was up to me we'd cuddle until the afternoon.

I felt a gust of cold air hit me as the blanket was yanked off of me. Alpha glared at me through the few stray wet strands of hair that blocked his vision, the rest of it was slicked out of his face. He was dressed in all black, I watched greedily as he rolled up the cuffs of his button up revealing a watch that shun brightly, light reflected off the diamonds.

"You will shift today." He stated, his tone was stern and knew instantly that arguing would be futile. His eyes trained onto me as he walked over to the side of the bed that I was on. He leaned down making eye contact with me. I watched him carefully through my own curls that worked as a shield from his scary eyes. I was blushing madly.

Why does he come so close to me? He must love getting me flustered! "I don't have all day Nalu."

I sighed dramatically as I sat up and faced him. "Will you shift with me?" I questioned.

His face hardened as his eyes darkened. "No, now go get ready."

"What ever happened to that little boy? Did you find who murdered his mother? Or where the rest of the family are?" I poked as I walked through the forest with the male

"The pup is fine, the woman was murdered by her mate. Turns out she had an affair, the little boy is a bastard. The man ran off with their daughter." My hands shot up to my mouth as I gasped in shock, it was mind boggling how he spoke so nonchalantly on the matter.

How could he murder his own mate? His life partner. He must of been broken by her betrayal. Mated couples never cheated on each other, It was almost unheard of. Though this stupid wolf stuck his dick in Rebecca. I don't care if we're not fully mated, my existence is very much prevalent! This left a sour taste in my mouth.

"Maybe she found someone who was treating her better than her own mate, I don't blame her I'd do the same." I knew what I was saying, that's why I said it with attitude. Did I think of what the after math would be? No. I just wanted to push his damn buttons.

Before I could comprehend what was happened the air whizzed past me as I got whiplash. My legs dangled as I gasped for air, Alpha's angry eyes bore into mine, the red was gone. Fully replaced with black. His grip on my collar tightened as he growled so loud that the vibration shook every bone in me.

I blinked rapidly trying to pry his hand of my shirt. "Are you trying to piss me off?" He sneered pulling me even closer, my own frantic breath mixing with his angry huffs.