The Beginning of Pain and friendship

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Naruto characters they all belong to Misashi Kisimoto....

~^-^~

It was the last year of high school and everyone was excited and looking forward for their future in collage and jobs. Naruto Uzumaki, however, was just looking forward to not having to live with his abusive father anymore. Minato Namikaze, was Naruto's father and blamed Naruto for the death of his wife, Kushina Uzumaki. Kushina had just given birth to Naruto and due to her horrible health, died. Naruto always told himself it wasn't his fault that his mother died, but somewhere deep inside his heart and soul he truely believed that it was his fault and that he deserved Minato's daily beatings... Naruto is Sasuke Uchiha's best friend, but he has never told Sasuke about his mother, father, or his beatings. Whenever Sasuke sees a scar or bruise or anything of that sort Naruto always says some joke and ignores it.

Sasuke Uchiha, was a boy who hated his family. Not because they were bad to him, but more because of how much they embarrased him. Which was on a daily basis. Sasuke, being the 'cute' one in the family was always teased by his older brother, Itachi Uchiha, for his 'duck-butt' hairstyle and 'baby-face'. Though Sasuke's mother just said it was because Itachi was jealous, Sasuke knew it was solely because Itachi liked to piss him off. Sasuke hates this mostly because he doesn't even live with his family anymore, he lives in an apartment building, the same one as Minato and Naruto. Sasuke dreaded school mostly due to the fact that his fan-girls followed his every move and he was extremely anti-social. He wasn't purposfully anti-social its just that every time someone says something to him, he gets extremely annoyed and usually punch the person. Even though, Sasuke Uchiha was thought to be a heartless bastard he was still able to obtain his best friend Naruto Uzumaki.

~Naruto~

It was the first day of school and Naruto woke up extra early so he didn't have to run into Minato. But, unluckily for Naruto as soon as was dressed and about to walk downstairs to leave, Minato appears in the hallway and glares at the innocent blonde... "Morning, Minato." Naruto mumbled not looking his father in the eye. Minato grunted then brushed past Naruto and went downstairs to make himself coffee and breakfast before he went to work. Naruto sighed then grabbed his backpack and went downstairs as well, but as soon as his foot hit the last step. A coffee cup had collided itself with Naruto's right side, which startled Naruto causing him to stumble and crash into the wall. Once Naruto had realized what had happened it was too late, due to the fact that Minato was holding Naruto up against the wall with one hand and had a knife in the other...

"You ungrateful little punk!" Minato growled before taking the knife and drawing it up to Naruto's perfectly untouched face. "I will teach you some manners!" Minato yelled as he drew 3 lines on each of Naruto's cheeks. Naruto was grinding his teeth hard, knowing that if he yelled or screamed the punishment would be worse later on. Blood was slowly making its way down Naruto's face and clothes. Silent tears made their way down Naruto's cut open face, causing him to wince. Minato smiled at this and dropped the boy to glower at him.. "Don't you dare utter my name again, got it!?" Minato yelled again as he kicked Naruto's shoulder. Finally being satisfied, Minato lowered his leg, walked to the kitchen, grabbed his coffee, and left Naruto laying there on the floor bleeding and broken. After finally deciding that he has bled enough, Naruto got up and took care of his new scars, covering them with band-aids while he thought of some excuse to tell anyone who asked... After he got his face taken care of he went back upstairs and changed his shirt. Not realizing that he was goning to be late, he slowly went downstairs, cleaned up the small puddle of blood off the ground, picked up his backpack and was out the door the exact same time as Sasuke, his best friend. Naruto put up the hood on his jacket to kinda hide his fresh scars, mostly due to the face that he hadn't thought of an excuse yet.

"Oi! Naruto! Hey, whats up?" Sasuke asked as he caught up to the taller blonde, Naruto just smiled and slightly looked at his raven haired friend.

"Good, how are you, Sasuke?" Naruto asked, in a hoarse voice that he didn't intend to have, hoping that Sasuke didn't pick up on it Naruto continued to walk

"Are you okay?" Sasuke asked, as he completely stopped and turned Naruto to face him, pushing Naruto's hood down in the process.

"Im fine." Naruto lied.

"Liar, What happened?" Sasuke asked, slightly touching the band-aids on Naruto's face but stopped when he noticed Naruto wince.

"Nothing." Naruto lied, again.

"You are really bad at lying, Naruto. What happened?" Sasuke questioned again, this time there was a small tone that Sasuke added for affect, seeming as if he were threatening the blonde. But Naruto knew all too well that, that was not the case.

"Really, Im fine." Naruto pressed.

"No Naruto, you're not fine." Sasuke shook his head, rejecting the blonde's excuse.

"How do you know that I'm not?" Naruto countered.

Sasuke ripped of the bandage on Naruto's right cheek, causing Naruto to let out a slight gasp in pain, Sasuke's face hardening as he looked over the other. After a minute of Sasuke taking the boy's injuries in, he said, "You have cuts on your face, Naruto. What the hell happened? No, actually you can tell me inside. We are staying home today." Sasuke said, grabbing the boy's hand and dragging him inside the raven's apartment.

"But its the first day!" Naruto said as they approched Sasuke's front door.

"So? You actually like going to school?" Sasuke asked shooting Naruto a confused look.

"Well its better then home." Naruto mumbled incoherently.

Sasuke glanced at Naruto, the look on the other's face pulling at his heartstrings, but he continued to his apartment unlocking the door and walking inside.

Naruto sighed but walked in and took his shoes off with Sasuke. After they were all settled and Sasuke had called the school, he went into the living room and sat at the couch with Naruto.

"Now tell me what happened." Sasuke demanded once more, looking into Naruto's eyes with a slight glare.

Naruto sighed, looking around trying desperately to change the subject. Finding nothing, he sighed again and looked Sasuke square in the eyes.

~^-^~

End of the first chapter!

Now, let me explain... Minato is ABSOLUTELY NOT an abusive person, nor was he ever. And just to be clear, i am not a Minato hater! I love Minato, i just wanted to see him in a different light. And anyway, in a way i feel bad for both Minato and Naruto.

Minato because he has to go through life with a child who looks like him, but has the exact same personality of his dead wife... But still he should beat Naruto for it...

And Naruto because, well he has to deal with these beatings alone... He wont tell anyone... Not even his FAVORITE teachers or his grandma and grandpa, Jiryia and Tsunade, and Kakashi and Iruka... I honestly think Naruto should tell SOMEONE. But, i dunno.. We will see if Naruto decides to tell Sasuke!!

OKAY COMMENT, RATE, SUBSCRIBE, VOTE!!!

~Alex
Edit:
So I felt the need to rewrite this a bit? I mean, Sasuke is so extremely- un-Sasuke that its bad. No worries, we shall still have the same end result.

~Alex