Chapter 6

Nature

Taking a deep breath I enter my home while mentally preparing myself for my mothers wrath. Since she was the Luna of the pack I became Alpha two weeks before my coming of age ceremony and unfortunately I have already broken one rule.

"Ah Nature, I'm surprised to see you. For the past few days you have been gone. Is it possible that you found your mate?"

I shuffle a bit as my mother smiled while my older cousin Seth sat on the sofa as if he owned the place

I shuffle a bit as my mother smiled while my older cousin Seth sat on the sofa as if he owned the place. Seth was an Alpha and apart of the council. Seriously out of all days why is he even here?

"I have found my mate but unfortunately she rejected me..."

"WHAT?! WHAT KIND OF WOLF REJECTS MY DAUGHTER?!"

Seth- "Tsk. Must be some pampered pooch who thinks she deserves better."

"I'm sorry for lashing out it's just

"I'm sorry for lashing out it's just... your the Alpha of this pack now, and you can't lead us alone. Who was it that rejected you?"

"The person who rejected me to be was Aubrey Barron from the Blue moon pack."

"Tsk. Her and her family are nothing but a bunch of power hungry wolves, in reality though I'm actually happy she rejected you. You deserve better. Still though, I need you to find a mate soon Nature. You can run this pack alone, you need another Alpha or a Luna. Preferably a Luna."

"I'm glad you think that way, in all honesty the reason why I came here was to tell you that I have actually found a mate who accepts me and our pack..."

"Really? That's great! Is she here with you?"

"No. Because..." I became silent as I avoided eye contact with both my mother and Seth."

"speak up dear, I'm sure we can take whatever you have to say."

"I- I mated with a human and bit her. She has until the next full moon..."

Seth- "WHAT?!" I wince at Seth's sudden harsh voice as he begin to pace back and forth.

Seth- "BEFORE YOU BECAME ALPHA I GAVE YOU JUST A FEW SIMPLE RULES AND YOU BREAK THE MOST ILLEGAL ONE OF ALL?! OUCH!"

I was surprised as I watched my mom suddenly hit Seth upside the head making him growl deeply as they suddenly had a staring contest. It wasn't long until he admitted sedate and finally calmed down that my mom finally spoke.

"Although I am disappointed about this outcome there is a way past this."

"You want her to attend a trial don't you?"

"Yes. Although the council will be furious when hearing this if your love is proving true then they will allow her to live, but if not..."

"I understand." I can't tell my parents that I bit her under the influence of alcohol. Even if only I had a slight buzz I still had a clear conscious. I know fully well that Fall doesn't see me as a lover yet, I mean I can tell that this whole wear wolf thing already freaks her out even if she isn't showing it.

Seth- "Now that it has been decided I will speak with the council and tell them about this unfortunate situation. I'll let you know once we set a date for you and your mate to attend the trial."

"Ok." Then it's settled. By the time the trial comes, I will have Fall fall in love with me.

After all how hard could it be?