Chapter 7

Fall

I woke up on a soft plush bed feeling extremely groggy as I slowly blinked open my eyes. My throat felt extremely dry while my gums hurt. My body was no longer warm, Everything that surrounded me was different. It seemed brighter and more clearer then it ever has, Even my smell has heightened.

"Your awake."

I wince at the loud high pitched voice making me grit my teeth in anger.

"Shhh. Your ok, just take deep soothing breaths. In... out..."

Without opening my eyes I do what the soft angelic voice tells me to and sure enough my senses have calmed down.

"You must be hungry. After all you where out for two days."

I felt a cold glass being placed on the bottom of my lip making my eyes snap open as something sweet entered my mouth.

"There she is, my lovely Petrova. Oh how I missed your blood red eyes, although I enjoyed your brown eyes very much I just like the feeling of us matching for once."

Her hand didn't leave my cheek as she stared deep into my eyes as if she longed for something

"W-Who are you? Why is it so cold? Who is Petrova?"

"Of course you have forgotten, I mean you died and came back I'm sure there's a lot you want to know and in do time I will tell you but for now let me enjoy your company. I have missed you so much Petrova, you have no idea how lonely I was."

I shivered as she suddenly kissed my neck making my eyes widen as her hand suddenly went underneath my skirt making me scurry away from her.

"D-Don't touch me! I don't even no you! Plus I'm in a relationship!"  Her eyes narrowed as she suddenly cornered me making me feel uneasy. That is until I noticed something strange... in normal circumstances I could feel my heart beat and yet...

Touching my chest to try and feel my heart I begin to feel even more confused when I didn't feel one.

"Confused? I guess I should probably introduce the new you huh?" Squinting as she opened up one of her many drawers she pulled out a hand mirror facing it towards me. When I looked in the mirror I didn't recognize myself. I mean my face was kinda the same except maybe a bit thinner but the one thing that mostly caught my attention where my eyes... my eyes where no longer there dull brown color but instead they where a dark blood red.

"W-What? T-This has to be a trick mirror or something? I-I'm going home!" Walking towards the front door I grasp the handle getting ready to open it as the girl from before spoke.

"I wouldn't do that if I where you."

Ignoring her warning I open up the door anyway only to be met by a scorching day of heat burning my skin making me scream out in pain as the smell of flesh filled the room.
In a blink of an eye the door was closed and I was moved out of the way. My entire body was shaking as I laid up against the wall in pain. Again I felt a cold glass touch my lips filling my mouth with its unusual sweetness.

Looking down at my scorched body I was once again left speechless as it begin to heal itself.

"W-What did you do to me?"

"Surely you must already know. I've been watching you all this time, your a smart girl Petrova. Try and put the pieces together."

As I stared deep into her blood red eyes that where much like my own I looked at the glass in her hand which was currently filled with a dark red liquid. My eyes where red, my body is as cold as ice, I can't feel my heart beat, I can't go out into the sun, my gums hurt...

"Y-Your a vampire?!"

"Correction. We're vampires."

"B-But what about my family and friends? Also Nature, she's my mate."

"Tsk. That mutt doesn't deserve you, you should be happy that I rescued you after all..."

"Rescued me? You turned me into a monster! How am I ever supposed to face my family and friends?! And Nature, she won't ever look at me the same once she sees what you have done."

"You didn't let me finish. As for your friends and family you will be able to see them again, probably not for a couple of months but you will see them."

"And Nature?"

"Honestly, why would you ever want to see a girl who's father killed you?"

"K-Killed me? But I'm alive."

"Yes yes but before that. This is your reincarnated self, in your past life you where my lover. However I lost you after the war between our kind and the wolves. That girl you call your mate, her fathers the one who killed you."

I couldn't believe everything I was hearing. Past life? Death? It was all to much... I mean surely none of this was real?