Chapter 14

Lenora

"I can't even look at you right now. How dare you attack Petrova! I know I haven't come to see you in a few years but what's gotten into you? Why are you so jumpy all of a sudden?"

"I'm sorry Nora it's just... the witches, they intend to eradicate our kind including the werewolves. There fighting back and I don't know why."

"Is that why you have a Witch as a slave here?"

"I prefer the term house hold maid but yeah. I caught her sneaking onto my land and she claims to have been kicked out of her Coven for studying Dark Magic. She needed a place to stay and I offered. We made a deal you see, I will provide her with all the necessities she needs for whatever spell she wants to make or create in return for her help."

"I don't like this. What if she's using you to try and figure out where our council is? And what do you need help for? I mean your a fucking Vampire who's a year older then me. Your strong. Don't tell me your actually scared of a few pesky humans?"

"Yes I'm scared alright! You don't know what they did to me all those years ago during the war between us and the wolves! I know I should be strong but Nora the things they can do... it wouldn't surprise me if they where able to succeed in killing us all."

"Enlighten me then Lia, what did they do to you to make you so scared of them?" She hesitated for a minute as I stood there patiently. She really did look scared.

"It happened after we buried Petrova."

Flashback Note part of this is Lenora's flashback the other part will be Lia's....

"Lenora get down!" I duck quickly as one of the many wolves lunged at me making me glare harshly as I lunged towards them breaking there neck successfully.

"LIA WHERE'S PETROVA?!" I was worried. I only left for town an hour or so ago to retrieve some food for Petrova when I sensed something wrong. When I came back to check on her Lia's home was a mess. Her servants where trying there best to keep the wolves away but they just kept coming.

"She's safe! We need to get out of here! There's to many of them!"

"Why didn't you leave earlier?! I could have followed your tracks!" I ducked once again as another wolf lunged at me. Even though the servants where taking most of them down with there special guns there was just to many...

"Petrova didn't want to leave you behind!"

I couldn't help but feel happy. These past few days I thought she loved Lia but I can see that there is still hope for me.

"Nora..." I hear a faint yet weak voice cry out making me freeze as the wolf in my arms squirmed trying its best to get free.

Looking over I see a large man holding Petrova tightly in his arms making me loosen my grip around the wolf. I wanted to wipe off the shit eating grin he had on his face as tears formed in Petrova's brown puppy dog like eyes making me dig my nails into the wolf's neck. I could feel it's warm blood ooze down my hand as the mans golden brown eyes stared into my dark red ones.