Chapter 18: What If?

Melissa's POV
Ahhh end of the school year, means end of the 7th grade dance. I can't believe it's my last day of 7th grade and than it's 8th grade! I'm officially not gonna be a nobody anymore. Even tho everyone in school already knows who I am ever since the trending incident.

I've gotten a lot popular now, almost everyone wanted to be my friend. Which I don't want because the only reason my parents put me in a private school was to be away from that. If it gets bad, I'm gonna have to be homeschooled again and I don't want to do that to Harley and Dylan, even tho I will still see them a lot around the block, it just won't be the same.

So the school dance this time is when the girls have to ask the guys to the dance. I don't know who I should asked to the dance, I'm pretty sure all the cute guys are taken.

I'm not sure if my dad will even let me go. Usually around school dances my parents always ends up going away and I would have to tag along because they don't trust me to stay all weekend without supervision because of what happened last summer with Frankie when he threw a party. Thanks a lot Frankie!

I just thought of an idea, if my parents says no, I can stay over at Harley's place!

I went downstairs the morning to ask my parents. They were both in the kitchen, good...

Melissa: mom, dad, can I talk to you?
Dad: oh Melissa, just the person we wanted to see
Melissa: what's up?
Dad: we were planning on visiting Kevin and Danielle this weekend
Melissa: aren't the boys filming?
Dad: yes, but we want to see our grand babies
Melissa: let me guess I have to tag along too?
Dad: well we are not leaving you and Frankie alone together after what happened with the party incident
Melissa: but dad...
Dad: no buts Mel
Melissa: but their was this school dance this weekend, and I really wanted to go
Mom: oh I'm sorry honey, I know this is your first school dance, but we already bought plane tickets already. So get packing.
Melissa: what if I stay with Harley for the weekend?
Mom/Dad: no
Melissa: ugh! You guys are being unfair! You didn't even ask me if I wanted to go. I had plans
Mom: sorry sweetheart but we are not letting you home unsupervised after what happened last time we left you and Frankie home alone
Melissa: UGH! You guys suck! *stomps out of the room*

I went to my room angry and slammed my bedroom door. I can't believe my parents right now, they're being totally unfair. I picked up my stuff bunny on the bed and threw it across the room. My dog Monchi was in her tent and saw me fling the stuff animal and thought I was playing fetch with her so she went to grabbed it and hand it back to me.

I sigh and took the slobber bunny and wipe the germs off, man now I'm gonna have to wash this thing. I put it down on the table to was later and flipped down on my bed. Monchi jumped on my bed and came on my stomach and laid on me as I scratch her fur.

Melissa: Monchi, why does life has to be so unfair. Why can't things ever go my way? I wish my mom was still alive. I wonder if my life would be different if I never met the Jonas Family.

I took a name to think about this for a while.

***

I woke up to someone throwing something on my bed. I was expecting it to be my brother Frankie, but when I woke up I was no where in my room anymore, I was in old abandoned apartment on the coach.

???: Mel, get up. You're gonna get in trouble by your dad
Melissa: *groans* whaaaa *sits up* who the hell are you?
???: um... I'm Alexa, your dad boss. If your dad finds you sleeping on the job, he will kill you
Melissa: *rubs eyes* my dad? My father is in jail
Alexa: no he's not, are you okay girl?
Melissa: I'm fine... just tired I guess
Alexa: I would be after your dad made you do all that hard work last night
Melissa: what did he make me do?
Alexa: just some errand runs for him