Chapter 4

I felt like a little girl on Christmas eve after our short exchange. As always I made my way towards the library and said Hello to the Grey girl. I picked my book up, which I abandoned yesterday and continued reading.

After a few hours someone said to me "I thought I would find you here." I looked up and saw Ms. Venable. She leaned on her cane and I stood up. I smoothed my dress down and said "Ms. Venable! I didn't forgot dinner again, did I?" She laughed and it was a surprising but beautiful sound. No one had heard Ms. Venable laugh the whole time we were in the Outpost. "No you didn't, you have another hour before dinner" she told me and I sighed. "Thank God" I said and sat down again. "Then what are you doing here Ms. Venable?" I asked and smirked. "Can't I be in the library too?" I gasped and apologized. "I'm sorry Ms. Venable, of course you can. Silly me." She smiled at me and sat down in the seat next to mine.

"Tell me something about you (Y/N)." I was surprised and asked what she wanted to know. "Anything you like to share with me" she whispered and looked around. My hand stroked my chin as I thought about something I could tell her and she watched me. "I was a community manager, before the whole Apocalypse thing and liked to read to children in my free time." "Did you had a boyfriend?" I looked at her and decided if I could tell her my secret. "No" I said quietly and she took my hand. She squeezed it and I looked into her eyes. "I never had a boyfriend, because I like women" I whispered and her eyes widened. I thought she would pull her hand back at this information, but she surprised me and squeezed it again. She looked around and leaned closer to me. "I know what you mean, I like women too" she whispered back.

My eyes looked at her lips and I said quietly "I meant what I said yesterday. You are really beautiful, but it's against your rules. My feelings for you, are against your rules." "What do you mean?" she whispered confused and I drew back. I stood up and let go of her hand. "Nothing" I said and walked away from her.

Before dinner I refreshed myself and changed into something else. It was a short dress and unusual, but it was in my closet after all so I was allowed to wear it.

I braided my hair to one side and walked to the dining room

I braided my hair to one side and walked to the dining room. I sat down on the chair next to Coco and she whispered "How do you do that?" "Do what?" I asked confused. "Look this hot in the middle of the fucking Apocalypse. Even Ms. Venable is staring at you" Coco whispered and I turned around. And indeed, Ms. Venable was staring directly at me. "Is something wrong Ms. Venable?" I asked her loudly and everyone gasped at me. Her eyes sparkled devilish and she said "No, not at all", her attention changed to all of us and said "Enjoy your meal."

Her eyes looked back at me and I bit my lip. We ate in silence and my eyes never left hers. Nobody noticed this, because they were all occupied with complaining about the food.