Chapter 7

I made sure that nobody was following me and quickly walked to Wilhemina's room. In front of it I knocked and waited. "Who is this?" she asked through the door and sounded weird. "It's me Mina" I whispered close to the door. I heard shuffling and then she opened the door. Her hair was down in waves and I gasped. She pulled me inside and grabbed my waist. "Sorry, I can't stand this long without my cane" she whispered and looked down to me. "Where's your cane Mina? You shouldn't walk without it" I said and caressed her cheek. She looked down and blushed. "It rolled under my bed and I can't reach it." I smiled and kissed her cheek.

I helped Wilhemina to her bed and she sat down. I crouched down and looked under her bed, if I could reach her cane, but no. I laid down on her floor and shuffled slightly under her bed. Just as I reached her cane someone knocked on her door. My head hit her bed base and I groaned. I rolled completely under her bed and made sure that nobody could see me from the door. I tried to rub my head, especially the spot I hit.

Wilhemina walked slowly to her door and opened it. "What?" she asked harshly. "I wanted to tell you that Ms. (Y/L/N) isn't in her room and can't be found." My eyes widened and I held my hand above my mouth to stifle the gasp. "Maybe she's in the library, like always. It's still enough time for all of them to wander around. I'm sure she will be in her room when it's time to. And now if you'll excuse me Ms. Mead" Wilhemina said and slammed her door shut. She waited a few seconds and listened, then she said "You can come out Darling."

When I could stand up again I knocked the dust from my dress. I saw Wilhemina leaning against her door and walked quickly to her. Her cane laid on her bed and I threw my arms around her waist. "It's really dirty under your bed" I giggled quietly and we sat down on her bed. She looked at me and wiped the dust from my cheeks. "Better" she whispered and leaned forward. I closed the gap between us and our lips met. "I should leave before Ms. Mead freaks out" I whispered against her lips with closed eyes. "Don't go. Let her be my problem" Wilhemina answered and my hands wandered around to her back. She tensed and drew back.

"What's wrong Mina?" I asked worried. "Don't touch my back" she said harshly. I was slightly taken aback by her tone and apologized. "Why not? What's wrong with it?" I whispered. Wilhemina looked at me and I saw that she struggled with herself. My hand took hers and I brought it to my lips. "Talk to me, my love" I whispered. "I have scoliosis. That's why I need the cane" Wilhemina said to me and looked down. "Can I see it? Please?" She looked at me and nodded. I stood up and sat behind her on the bed, opening her dress and pulling it aside.

My fingers ghosted over her twisted spine and she shuddered. "Does it hurt you?" "Don't find me ugly now" we said at the same time. "It doesn't hurt" she whispered. "And I don't think you're ugly" I said and kissed her back. Wilhemina got goosebumps and I tugged at her dress. "Can I take this off of you? I want to see you" I whispered at her neck and kissed it. She nodded and I helped her standing up.