Epilogue

Our last days were here now. The food had been eaten a few days ago and the water is getting emptier. Most of the people in Outpost 3 had began suicide or died because of the lack of food. There were only Wilhemina and me left. We laid in our bed and I snuggled closer to her.

I felt my energy leaving my body, but I was so scared. "Mina? You're awake?" I whispered and drew circles on her chest with my finger. Her breathing was very lowly, and I felt for her pulse. "I'm still awake sweetheart, don't worry" she whispered. Even speaking was exhausting for us and that's why we were rarely speaking anymore. 

"I'm so scared" I sobbed at her neck and held her closer to me. "Don't be, it will be better for us and in our next life we'll meet again" she said and kissed my head. "Promise?" "I promise you everything my love. My heart knows where it belongs to and it will always find its way back to you."

A little smile formed on my lips and I kissed Wilhemina. "I love you so much Wilhemina. I wish I had the opportunity to marry you." She smiled too and brushed some her out of my face. "I'm feeling the same, I wanted to marry you so badly. Maybe we get this opportunity when we meet again" Wilhemina said and snuggled even closer to me. "I wish I had know you before the Apocalypse" she whispered and looked into my eyes.

"I'm sure I would have immediately fallen for you" I kissed her and laid down. "I am so tired Mina" I whispered and closed my eyes. "You can sleep my love, don't be afraid of what is coming. I will be with you, forever" she said and I nodded.

Mina and me both took one long breath and then we died in each other's arms. And maybe Mina was right, maybe we would meet each other in our next life.