Chapter 13

"Can I go to the library now, or will you continue this intervention?" I asked Coco and Gallant and they shook their heads. "Good" I sighed and walked to the door. "Don't come late for dinner" Coco shouted after me and I laughed. "I'll try" I shouted back and reached the library door.

I should have brought a wristwatch with me to this damn Outpost. I was running late for dinner, again. The door came in my view and I stumbled through it. "Just on point Ms. (Y/L/N)" Wilhemina said and looked at me. I sighed and took a deep breath. "I really need to exercise more" I said as I sat down on my seat next to her. Some of the others laughed and I smirked at them. "You didn't dressed up for Dinner, I see" Wilhemina said and I groaned. I wanted to apologize, but she interrupted me. "It's okay, but only because you made it finally to dinner on time" she said and I looked at her. "Thanks Ms. Venable" I said to her in a raspy voice. Her cheeks reddened lightly, but I noticed it. She looked away from me and said "You can start eating now."

"I can't eat this shit anymore" Coco yelled and stood up. In her hysterical demeanor she threw her chair to the ground and Wilhemina stood up too. She walked towards Coco and slapped her. I gasped and pulled my hands over my mouth. Mallory hurried to Cocos side and gave her a little hug. I stood up to and grabbed Mina's hand, spinning her around. "Why did you do that?" I yelled at her and everyone around us gasped at my outburst. Wilhemina grabbed my wrist and pulled me against her. Our body's were pressed together and our noses were touching. "That's none of your business and don't speak to me like that" she growled at me dangerously and I got scared. My eyes widened and tears formed in them.

Wilhemina saw them too and soften just a little bit, only for me to recognize. "I'm sorry Ms. Venable. I had no right" I whispered and looked down. She grabbed my chin with her fingers and hold it up. Her eyes locked with mine and she said "No you had not. Now sit down again and eat your damn food." Her fingers left my chin and I stumbled backwards. She left the room and we all looked after her. "Are you okay?" I asked Coco after she sat down again. "Yeah, but thank you (Y/N). From where did you took the courage to confront her?" "I don't know" I mumbled and glanced at Ms. Mead, who didn't do anything the whole time. She looked at me and raised an eyebrow. I quickly ate my food and stood up. The others looked at me and I hurried out of the room.

I really wanted to talk to Wilhemina, but that wasn't a good idea right now. I needed to calm down myself and just walked back to the library. My book laid exactly where I left it and I picked it up again. I only had a few pages left and finished reading the book. I had no idea how much time has passed, but I was sure that all people in the Outpost were already asleep. Even the girl on the reception wasn't there anymore. "Okay it should be safe to go to her now" I whispered to myself and walked to Wilhemina's room.

Fortunately I didn't noticed that someone followed me. As I stood in front of her door I looked around, but couldn't see anyone. Quiet knocks could be heard and Wilhemina said "Come in." She sounded sad and I hurried inside. The first thing I did inside her room, was locking the door. Wilhemina laid on her bed on her side, with her back to me. She didn't even turned around to great me.

That made me worry even more. I quickly walked to her and climbed on her bed. My hand touched her shoulder and I whispered "Mina?" She sobbed and I turned her around to me. I saw the tears and pulled her up into a hug. "Why are you crying Mina?" I asked her quietly and stroked her back. "I hurt you today and I saw the fear in your eyes and I am so sorry" she sobbed again and I hugged her tighter. "Please stop crying honey" I whispered and Mina drew back. She looked at me mesmerized and I smiled. "That's better." "I love it when you give me nicknames" she mumbled. "Really?" I asked her and she smiled and kissed me deeply. "I love it." I smiled into the kiss and deepened it even more, but after some minutes I drew back and asked "Why did you hit Coco?"