Chapter 17

Throughout the day I began to wander around the Outpost and like always didn't make it on time to dinner. As I walked through the door Mina looked at me and said "Ms. (Y/L/N) come here. You're late for dinner again and I'm sick of it. You're getting your punishment here, right now." My eyes widened and I refused to come closer to her. "I said come here!" She repeated and Ms. Mead grabbed me. I was pulled towards Mina and feared the worst.

"Ms. Mead please open Ms. (Y/L/N)s dress" Wilhemina demanded and Ms. Mead obligate. My eyes locked with Mina's and I saw the fear in them. "Turn around" she mumbled and I nodded. She hit me with her cane on the back and I heard gasps from someone in the room. It sounded like Coco. Tears streamed down my face and my lip was bleeding, because I bit it so hard. A droplet of blood dropped down on the table and Coco screamed "Stop! It's enough Ms. Venable, please. Don't you see how hard she's trembling?" And Coco was right, my whole body was shaking.

Wilhemina stopped and looked at me. She just wanted to touch me and tell me how sorry she was, but instead she zipped my dress up and said coldly "Sit down and eat your damn cube." I nodded and hissed as pain shot through my body. My lip was still bleeding and Coco handed me a handkerchief. "Thanks" I mumbled and pressed it on my lip. My eyes met Mina's quickly and they said everything I felt at the moment.

We ate in silence and before I could walk back to my room, Gallant and Coco stopped me. "Can we talk to you?" I nodded and saw in my peripheral vision that Wilhemina was leaving the room. "We thought that you had a think with Venable." "Why did you thought that?" I asked them and crossed my arms above my chest. "Timothy told us he saw you sneaking around at night and that he bumped into you this morning" Coco said. "Yeah I was sneaking around, because I'm in the library at night. I can't sleep" I lied and watched them. They looked guilty and I think they believed what I was saying.

"We're so sorry (Y/N). We should have asked you" Coco mumbled and I nodded. I took a deep breath and whined because of my back. "Are you okay?" Gallant asked immediately and I shook my head. "No, my back hurts so fucking much." "I could kill that bitch, for hurting you" Coco yelled and I touched her arm. "No, I deserved it. I broke her rules again and again." "That gives her still no right to punish you this badly. I want to slap her" Coco huffed and I sighed. Just in that moment the door opened again and Wilhemina walked in.