Chapter 16

I walked to the dining room and saw that some of the others stood in a circle and whispered to each other, but when they spotted me they stopped. Timothy stood among them and they all looked at me. "Everything okay?" I asked and walked to them. "Yeah" Coco said and turned away. They walked to the table and I stood there, really confused.

Timothy looked again at me and I swallowed the lump in my throat down. Wilhemina and Ms. Mead walked into the room and she said "Ms (Y/L/N), take a seat." I nodded and sat down next to her, as always. Wilhemina told us to start eating and I observed the others. My mind raced and I feared the worst. After breakfast, everyone walked out and I quickly walked to Wilhemina. "Library. 30 minutes" I whispered and walked away.

30 minutes later, I heard the library door open and closed my book. Wilhemina came to me and wanted to say something, but I held my hand over her mouth. I made sure that nobody was in the library and whispered "I think the others noticed something." Her eyes widened and I pulled my hand away. "What do you mean?" "I bumped into Timothy this morning after I left your room and before breakfast they all stood together and were whispering, but when they saw me they stopped." I sat down in the seat and took a deep breath.

Tears streamed down my face and I quickly wiped them away. Wilhemina's hand came to my cheek and she whispered "Don't cry sweetheart." "But I don't want them to hurt you. We need to do something" I mumbled and sobbed. "What do you suggest?" she mumbled too and took the seat next to me. I grabbed her hand and kissed it. "You need to treat me the same way like the others and we need to stop seeing each other" I said and looked down. "What? But I don't want to hurt you. I don't care if they hurt me." she asked confused.

"But I care and that's the only way my love" I whispered and looked at her. Tears streamed down her face and she leaned forward. I wiped them away and she whispered "I don't like it." "Me neither, but we need to do it." I stood up and crouched in front of her. "I love you Wilhemina and I don't let anything happen to you." "I love you too" she whispered and I kissed her. I walked away and took a deep breath again.

It was so hard for me to not stare at Mina, but the others shouldn't get suspicious even more. I walked into the main room and slumped down onto the couch. All of the others were here too and watched me. "Why aren't you in the library?" Coco asked me and I just shrugged my shoulders. "I'm avoiding Venable. She's there too and the last time she was there, she yelled at me for being late for dinner" I said and looked up to the ceiling. Coco hummed and turned back around to Gallant.