8

It had been 4 days since that meeting with the two demons, and Inosuke and Inoka were just killing some small fry here and there.

Inosuke loved this forest; he bumped heads with nearly every single tree he had, each time saying "Haha, I'm the strongest! Right? Right?" to Inoka, which she always replied with "For sure!" and saw his ego positively inflate, which she thought was quite funny.

However, when he charged at one particular tree, she heard a "What the-" as Inosuke's forehead bounced right off the bark.

She rushed over and said "Haha, you fool!" and was about to continue to tease him, until the tree moved.

She sensed something moving from that tree since the beginning, but just thought there were just ants inside or something.

"Hey Ino, are you sure this is a tree?" She questioned with a confused glance at the tree.

"Maybe this is a special tree!" Inosuke sat back up with a smile on his face and charged at the tree again.

Suddenly, the branches of the 'tree' sharpened and stabbed at Inosuke, grazing his arm.

"Woah! What was that? That's definitely not a tree!" Inosuke yelled in shock.

"Amazing observation, Inosuke! It's a toad!" Inoka replied back sarcastically.

"But normal demons aren't that fast!" Inosuke said, confused.

"Wait, I heard about this kind of demon from one of the slayers we met back on our mountain!" Inoka said.

She had heard them talk about how they had come here after running into a deformed, more powerful demon on the year they took the Primal Examination or something.

It had giant hands covering his body, and they described it as a 'fat, disgusting bamboo shoot'.

This wasn't a fat, disgusting bamboo shoot, but it sure looked like a more powerful, deformed demon; it was a tree, not a human-like demon.

It gave off weird vibes, and the Inos both shivered.

(I'll refer to Inoka and Inosuke as the Inos from now on.)

"Where's it's head?" Inoka asked.

"Does it even have a head?" Inosuke replied, circling the tree-demon to find it's head.

Suddenly, the tree demon spoke.

"How dare you lowly imbeciles head butt me, and even go as far as to say I don't have a head?" A branch exclaimed.

"The head's on the branch! It spoke!" Inosuke shrieked.

"Amazing observation, Ino!" Inoka repeated again, mockingly.

"Shut up, Inoka!" Inosuke replied, his ears red, veins popping out of his neck.

"Inosuke, how about we both try to get half of the branch? It's pretty thick." Inoka grunted in their boar language.

Inosuke snorted "I don't need your help! I can do it myself-"

"No way, I wanna kill it too." Inoka grunted back.

"Fine. I take the right, you take the left," Inosuke snorted.

"Sure thing! I'll signal you when to go." Inoka replied.

While these two were grunting and snorting away, the tree demon was extremely confused.

'Are these two humans or pigs?' It thought.

Suddenly, Inoka tapped her thigh, and they both leaped off the ground, flying towards that branch.

Startled, the tree-demon grew more branches to protect itself, but the Inos got to it first, jamming their swords into the thick, burly branch.

"W-why is it so hard to cut through this? It's like a rock!" Inoka exclaimed.

Inosuke said "How about I pull your sword, and you pull mine so we can criss cross this branch off?"

"Nice thinking! Wait, do you even think?" Inoka snickered and Inosuke grumbled back "Just do it..."

Inoka tapped on their thigh, and as Inoka pushed off her blade, grabbing Inosuke's sword, and Inosuke grabbing hers, they pulled.

After 2 seconds of struggling, Inoka put her feet on Inosuke's stomach and pushed, so she could gain some extra force.

Inosuke was annoyed, to say the least.

"Hey, you idiot! Don't touch me with those dirty feet of yours!" Inosuke exclaimed, his cheeks turning a slight shade of pink.

"Hah!" Was the only thing he heard from her as the demon's branch was sliced through, separating the head from the body.

"My-my head! How could you small children kill me, the great demon of the trees?" The demon wailed out it's last words as it started to disintegrate, it's human memories flashing through his head.

*flashback*

"Hey, onii-chan! Look at this pretty tree!" The demon, who was a boy at the time, exclaimed with a smile on his face.

"Stop hugging trees, you dirty bastard." The boy's brother glared at him with a disappointed look.

The boy sniffed and tears came to his eyes as he trudged back to his brother.

*flashback end*

'Who is this brother I'm thinking about?' The demon wondered.

All of a sudden, it's eyes widened.

'No, no, no! My body is disintegrating!' The demon focused it's attention on his withering body.

Suddenly, he saw the female pig glance at him.

She took off her mask, and bowed a bit.

"Sorry." Was the last thing the demon heard as it's head finally phased out of existence, turning into dust floating away in the wind.

(If there are any mistakes or you have any suggestions for the plot, please message me or comment :) also, please vote~ it means the world to me, and it also lets me see if you guys are enjoying the story or not~ thank you 🐗)