10

Inoka and Inosuke trudged down the hill, and as it turned night they saw a large cluster of houses. However, these little buildings had torches, and they were standing upright on the ground on posts instead of against houses like the village near their mountain.

It was beautiful, like all the stars were gathered from the skies and placed on the ground in the form of this small, cozy village.

"Ino-Ino! Can I call you that now?" Inoka giggled as they made their way through the village, wearing boar masks and chipped swords.

They were quite the spectacle, as little children pointed to their mothers, as their mothers shielded their eyes from the two wild weirdos.

"No! You shall call me the great Hashibira Inosuke!" Inosuke argued.

"But Ino-Ino is cuter-"

"I'm not cute, I'm-"

"Handsome and manly? Yeah I know, I know,"

"Wait a second-"

They bickered through the streets as they travelled towards the inn.

Passerby thought they were seeing things as they rubbed their eyes; two boars wearing clothing with swords were walking and talking! Next thing you know, they would be flying-

Inoka and Inosuke jumped on the roofs of the houses to get to their location faster.

Pigs really can fly.

"Wait Ino-Ino, where-"

"Stop calling me that, dumbass!"

"- is the inn anyways? Where are we going?" Inoka asked, confused.

"It's... It's that way! As he saw a brightly lit building with people shouting "Inn! Inn! Come and stay the night here!"

They couldn't read the signs, but there was a weird symbol; a long chair with a... weird long board on it, and another smaller, thicker board on top of the long board on the chair?

"What's that stupid looking thing on that sign?" Inosuke yelled at the innkeeper.

"That's a bed, have you never seen one before?!" The innkeeper was extremely confused.

"What kind of stupid thing is a beed, bad, whatever?" Inosuke exclaimed, very perplexed.

Inoka was equally confuddled.

"Do you cook on those?" Inoka asked innocently.

The innkeeper and the guests that overheard sweat-dropped.

Two boars wearing clothing with swords that could walk and talk barged in here, and asked what a bed was? They were starting to question their sanity and if they were just imagining things.

"No, you sleep on those." The innkeeper tried to explain what a bed was.

"Okay, can we sleep here tonight?" Inoka asked.

"Sure! Do you have the money?" The innkeeper asked brightly, hoping they were customers.

"Yeah, this weird scar dude gave us money for 10 days." Inosuke dropped the pouch of money onto the table.

"Okay, your rooms are 127 and 128-"

"Can we get the same room?" Inoka asked, confused as to why they would need separate rooms.

"There's only one bed in it though, and-" The innkeeper realized his mistake.

These two wear completely matching. Wild clothing, boar heads, swords, it all fit together now.

"Sure, room 127 it is. Here are your keys. Have a great night!" He grinned and winked.

"Thank you? Ino-Ino let's go!" Inoka giggled.

"I told you to stop calling me that!" Inosuke tried to argue back but Inoka wasn't having any of it.

"If I say you're Ino-Ino you're Ino-Ino!" Inoka exclaimed, her point evident in her voice.

"..." It seemed like Inosuke gave up until he shouted "I, the great Hashibira Inosuke, will never back down! Remember that!"

"I'll never forget it, Ino-Ino!" Inoka yelled back as she dashed down the hallway, and looking at the door.

"Wait, how do you open this?" Inoka asked.

She tried to slide the door open using the doorknob as the handle, but it was firmly lodged in place.

"Let me try!" Inosuke grabbed the handle, and ripped the door open, except it fell right off its hinges and lay flat on the ground with a large thump.

"..."

"..."

"Um... Is this supposed to happen?" Inoka quietly murmured.

"I don't think so. What are these for, anyways?" Inosuke dangled the keys.

Suddenly, the inkeeper stormed down the hallway, fury evident in his eyes.

"How dare you destroy our property! I'll make you pay, you unholy swines-"

"What's the point of this thing, anyways?" Inoka asked, like it was the most obvious question in the world.

"To ensure you two have privacy and nobody takes your things!" The innkeeper sputtered.

"We don't need your stupid privasee or whatever!" Inosuke charged in, dragging Inoka with him.

"You guys should change rooms while we fix the door. Go to the room beside us, room 128."

"... Can you, maybe, um, show us how this works...?" Inoka asked quietly.

"..."

"... You stick the keys in, turn, and turn the doorknob and push. Take the keys out when you get in. Once you get in, there's a knob at the top. Turn it, and the door is locked again."

"Why is it so complicated to get in a damn room, you weird fool-" Inosuke started to curse at the innkeeper while Inoka tried it out.

When the door opened with a *click*, she jumped back.

"Woah! That's so cool!" Her eyes were shining.

Inosuke entered the room before her, then yelled at her to "come in faster, you damn snail".

The innkeeper decided to quietly leave them while he called for help to fix the door.

(If there are any mistakes or you have any suggestions for the plot, please message me or comment :) also, please vote~ it means the world to me, and it also lets me see if you guys are enjoying the story or not~ thank you 🐗)