11

2 days after settling in, Inoka was woken up by a soft pecking on her forehead, and a tickling sensation on her nose.

She slowly opened her eyes to a baby crow perched on the tip of her nose, and the sun's (rengoku's) rays in her eyes.

The crow jumped to the windowsill and stayed there, basking in the sun.

She tried to sit up, but there was something pulling her down.

Inosuke's leg.

"Ya, Inosuke, get your leg off of me. I'm too tired to take it off."

"..."

"Inosuke."

"... I don't wanna." He muttered in his morning voice, boar mask still on.

Inoka had taken hers off before they went to sleep, since she thought it got too muffly in there.

She put it back on, the familiar covering relaxing her.

"I'm going to eat all of your lunch-" Inoka threatened.

An empty threat, but still a threat nonetheless.

"Fine, fine. I'm getting up too." Inosuke grumbled.

He sat up, and the boar snout smacked Inoka right in the face.

"Ow! That hurt!"

"Hgahgahgha!" Inosuke laughed that weird laugh of his.

Inoka, while rubbing her sore forehead, slowly waddled out of bed.

They didn't have spare clothes, except for their uniform, so they slept in that.

Inosuke had thrown away the shirt, since he claimed the shirt 'dulled his senses'.

It dulled hers too, but she wasn't going to walk around half naked like him; she tried once and the young man at the village beneath their mountain drilled it into her head that she had to wear a shirt and bottoms.

However, she had to find an alternative soon instead of wearing that shirt.

The twins had explained 'The uniform of the demon hunter's is made out of a very special fabric. It has good air permeability and is also resistant against moisture and fire. The claws and teeth of weak demons can't even rip this open, blah blah.'

She figured wearing this was better than not wearing it.

Suddenly, her crow started to bounce around and scream, since it still was a bit new to flying.

"Head to the abandoned house a few streets down! Head to the abandoned house a few streets down! Fluctuating temperatures! Fluctuating temperatures! Head to the-"

"SHUT UP YOU DAMN CROW!" Inosuke raged, still grumpy from being woken up.

Inosuke's crow, sadly, was eaten by a bear as they traversed down the mountain to this inn.

He was a bit miffed, but he didn't care since he couldn't understand the crow anyways.

It still shocked Inoka and Inosuke sometimes when the crow spoke, though.

"This thing has a better vocabulary than you, Inosuke." Inoka giggled as they made their way to the 'abandoned house'.

As the abandoned house came into view, Inoka and Inosuke had chills run down their spine.

"W-what is this feeling?" Inoka trembled.

"I don't care! Let's go fight it!" Inosuke charged, a little confused.