15

The morning sunlight blinded Inoka's eyes as she awakened to the sound of a certain someone's soft snoring.

She looked up and saw the familiar sight of Inosuke, mouth wide open and in a relaxed slumber, his black and blue locks framing his face.

She smiled softly, and sensing the familiar feeling of his heartbeat she relaxed.

They had always been calmed by the feeling of each other's hearts beating, at the same time in the same rhythm; that's why they always went to sleep with each other.

They had never slept a single night apart, always in each other's embrace.

She yawned, and almost went back to sleep on her chest but a carrot-top boy charged into the room and yelled "Inoka-chaaaaaan~"

Zenitsu had heard the sound of Inoka opening her eyes and yawning, so he assumed she was awake, much to his delight.

'This is my chance to get married...!' Zenitsu thought, eyes shining.

Albeit wishful thinking, he was desperate to get a pretty girlfriend, and Inoka was a godsend.

But the moment he saw her laying her head on Inosuke's chest, both of them lightly snoring in the safe rhythmic pattern, his hopes shattered.

(im sorry i love u zenitsu)

"N-no way... HOW DID THIS STUPID BOAR GET A GIRL BEFORE ME?! A PRETTY ONE AT THAT-" He was quickly shut up by Tanjiro chopping the back of his neck and whisper-yelling "They're asleep!"

Inoka and Inosuke, sensing two other people, opened their eyes and simultaneously sat up, perfectly timed with the other.

Inosuke's arm was around Inoka's waist, her body snuggled against his perfectly like two pieces of a puzzle, hands on his chest, as they looked on with half-lidded eyes, their long, dark lashes blinking, emerald eyes glistening, cheeks rosy as a flower in bloom.

'Woah... is this some kind of drama? What the hell kind of beauty is that?!' Zenitsu and Tanjiro thought.

Their thoughts were shattered when Inosuke grumbled "What the hell you looking at?" and Zenitsu and Tanjiro sweatdropped as Inoka gave them the stink eye.

"Your beauty is wasted on you two...! You guys have terrible manners and social skills but you're so pretty? What did you two do to deserve this?!" Zenitsu shrieked while Tanjiro just stood at the side.

"We don't whine 24/7." Inoka and Inosuke deadpanned.

"S-scary! You wild monsters! What are you two, mirror images?!" Zenitsu crawled away from them on his hands and knees.

Inosuke was about to retort but Inoka slapped her hand over his mouth and sighed.

"Let's get out of bed."

He grudgingly agreed and they put on their masks as the two got up and walked groggily into the dining room, to eat breakfast.

After eating, Inosuke went to headbutt some trees and chase Zenitsu around as Inoka talked with Tanjiro, sometimes playing with the demon girl, who's name was Nezuko, whom she grew fond of.

This went on for 2 weeks, as the boys were healing their broken bones.

Surprisingly, even with broken ribs Inosuke was as rowdy as ever and kept headbutting trees.

"Your bones are fully healed, so we're probably gonna get a mission today." Inoka declared to Inosuke after he came back, bruises on his head.

She took off his mask, and took some ointment made from herbs out from a woven pouch and rubbed it on his head.

"Woah! How do you know that? Are you... a witch?!" Inosuke asked, eyes wide in horror as Inoka was applying ointment.

"I used my brain. Tanjiro taught me while you were slamming your head into trees. Hey, is it fun? I should try that." Inoka giggled.

"Yeah! Come on, let's go do it now!" Inosuke grinned and led her out of the house to the woods.

"What are those idiots doing?" Zenitsu asked.

Tanjiro shrugged. "They're probably going to headbutt some more trees. After I slammed my forehead into them a few weeks ago Inosuke's been challenging the trees, and I guess Inoka is joining in this time.-"

He was interrupted by a low-pitched and a higher-pitched scream of "Pig assault!!!" and a crash.

"HAHA! My tree's broken! Aren't I amazing? Aren't I amazing?" Inosuke yelled in triumph.

"He said it twice again, that arrogant pig..." Zenitsu muttered.

Inoka had only gotten a dent in the poor tree.

"Yeah! Woah, I wanna be as strong and cool as you someday, Inosuke!" Inoka cheered, boosting Inosuke's ego more.

Tanjiro started to sweat. "Inoka's not helping either."

"How did that stupid boar get such a pretty girl?" Was the one thing Zenitsu kept asking himself over and over.

'Stupid me! I have Nezuko-chan~' Zenitsu reprimanded himself and went off to fawn over Tanjiro again.

That evening, they received an emergency summon from Inoka's crow, which she lovingly named 'Bird'.

The summon instructed the quartet and Nezuko to head to Natagumo Mountain, and without delay.

After they headed out the next day, the old lady struck some sparks, much to Inoka and Inosuke's shock and confusion.

"Woah! What are you doing, you old hag?!" Inosuke yelled, while Inoka shrieked and jumped towards the grandma trying to rip the rocks out of her hand.

Tanjiro grabbed hold of Inosuke, and Zenitsu latched onto Inoka, explaining these were for 'good luck for your coming battles' and to 'live with your head held high'.

"What the hell does that mean?" Inosuke and Inoka asked over and over.

Tanjiro grew increasingly frustrated, until he sped up, much to their dismay.

After arriving at the mountain, blondie shrieked and tried to stay behind, pissing Inosuke off.

They saw a fellow demon slayer being yanked off, and they quickly rushed into the mountain, leaving Zenitsu to scurry behind.

Tanjiro complimented Inosuke and Inoka on how safe they made him feel, making the boars remember the old hag who gave them clean clothes and tempura.

Small white fluff balls surrounded them as they reminisced on this.

Suddenly, Tanjiro interrupted them as they saw another whimpering slayer sitting in a fetal position.

Tanjiro tried to ask him about the demon but the demon merely yelled and asked why they didn't send a pillar, reminding them of a certain yellow-haired boy.

Inoka, who couldn't take much more of this dude's yammering punched his face.

Unsurprisingly, Inosuke had had the same thought and both of their fists struck his face from two different angles, smushing his cheeks together.

"Hurry up and explain the situation, you coward!" Inosuke yelled in his face.

The slayer quickly explained how the demon slayers, upon entering the mountain, started to kill each other, but Inoka sensed another presence with them.

"...!" Inoka tried to say but another demon slayer, with that strange demon tingle, started to swing at them.

'This is strange... He's a human, but why does he feel like a demon?!'

(If there are any mistakes or you have any suggestions for the plot, please message me or comment :) also, please vote~ it means the world to me, and it also lets me see if you guys are enjoying the story or not~ thank you 🐗)